TESTING: whats a '94 EX coupe w/B16 swap worth?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

alright here's the story- there is a very good chance I am going to be picking up a 2000 Si in the next few months and I'm already planning on swapping out the stock B16 for something else :ph34r:

I was originally planning on just trying to sell off the B16 swap when it comes out of the car and then selling off my EG coupe seperately once I get the EK up and running, but now I'm wondering if it would be worth it to try to sell the EG with the B16 setup swapped into it?

So I guess the bottom line of what I'm wondering is- how much more would the 94 be worth with the B16 swap vs the way it is now with the stock D16Z6?

For reference, the stock Z6 driveline in the 94 has ~170k miles but purrs like a kitten, 5-spd trans rebuilt less than ~15k ago (new bearings/synchros/clutch). The 2000 B16 has ~68k on it and also runs flawlessly.

thoughts?

Last edited:
you'll get more if you sell them separately
most people are looking for stock cars..

and people would love to have that USDM b16, its easier to smog/ get BAR'd

Last edited:
thx for the input

I kinda had the same feeling at first but lately I've seen B16 swapped eg's go for a LOT more than what they would in otherwise stock form, thats what got me thinking about doing this

anyone else have any thoughts?

of course they go for more than a stock EG, but you'll get more if you sell the motor seperately than selling it with the car

Back