1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texas Drivers Watch out starting Sept 1st

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by 98EX, Aug 27, 2003.

1. 98EX

98EX Member

ALL of these take effect Monday Sept 1st 2003

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/78R/bil...xt/HB01326F.HTM

Here is another

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/78R/bil...xt/HB00252I.HTM

Info on points system

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staf...n/pr081903c.htm

Here is a list of the new laws to take effect monday

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staf...n/pr081903b.htm

Side note, thank god they are not making this street racing law retroactvie to the 1st of the yr, I got a spectating ticket to go to in November that I got back in March

2. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

:cliffs: ??

3. SixtySecondAssassin

SixtySecondAssassin Senior Member

dont street race or watch a street race

4. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

texas has alot of ghey laws, in Abilene for example you can get arrested for public intox at an officer's discression. I've inquired about this with my on base legal office because I thought it was a rumor, but it's true. If arrested for PI (public intox) all anner of blood/breath tests for alchool are inadmissable in court, period.

Texas is gay

I'm sorry Texans have to live here

we should have let Mexico keep this damn sandbox

except San Antonio

:worthy: San Antonio

And if you live in Texas and I have offended you, all you have to do is listen to the DQ "that's what I love about texas" jingle on the radio to know I'm right :lol:

5. 98EX

98EX Member

Yep cops will even try to get you to stepm outside of your home if you are drunk and arrest. Tip for Texans, if you throw a party and you are hammered and if cops show up to said party, DO NOT let them in, answer the door and stand INSIDE your house. If they ask you to step outside say no thank you, I would much rather speak from where we are now. If they get you outside(even on your prch) that is PI and they can arrest you.

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Mexico doesn't want it, and San Antonio sucks, lived there for a couple years. Austin on the other hand is really nice.

7. SixtySecondAssassin

PI anywhere in texas is at the officer's discretion. how would a bac number help them determine whether you're a danger to yourself or others?

why do you dislike texas so much? was your exboyfriend from texas?

8. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

tx ownz.. south lakes parties do anyway!!

9. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

damn-- felony!!! thats 20 years~~~~

10. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

Glad that wasn't instated when I got my "Drag Racing" Ticket in Texas for chirping second. Fucking asshole Ennis Cops. PRICK!!!

That shit cost me over $1000, and I lost my license for 2 years because of it. Assknocker.

11. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

Because if your not drunk it's not PI, period! It's not Illegal to be an Asshole, or else the entire stae of NY would be under arrest (just kidding NY'ers, NY>TX)

and no, I'm not from Texas, I just live here right now. So no boyfriends here. :lol:

12. 98EX

98EX Member

How the hell did that happen? I have gotten 3 drag racing(participating in illegal drag race) tickets. First was Garland and I got off of that--laywer I paid $55 to got it dismissed. Second was in Dallas, got it in March of 2002, court date was set for July 2003, I went to court cop didn't show and no ticket. My third one was one I got in April of this yr. First hearing is scheduled for November, then I will set a court date(this is Dallas again) It will probably some time LATE next yr before the actual court date and even if the cop shows or not I will get out of that one.

13. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Because Ennis is a buttfucked shithole?

14. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

ennis is fucking gay, there is a strip of 287 that if you go 1 over, they nail your ass (literally).. we've been blocked in at street races, street raced and been caught, 70 in a 50 in euless (fuck you euless!!!) and the worst that has happened is probation.. (lawyers own)

15. SixtySecondAssassin

at what bac level are you 'drunk'? .08 is just the point where they say you can't safely operate a motor vehicle.

16. Sweet InStinct

Sweet InStinct Hot Member

17. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

fuck Canada

Canada, leading the world in being just north of the United States for 136 years straight

18. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

I think all those laws are good. 'Specially this one:

I'd go one better and say at the first offense, permanent loss of license. If you're caught driving again, $10,000 fine. If you can't pay, we take your car and/ or house. Think that's too tough? Try losing a family member to a drunk driver and seeing that motherfucker driving six months later while you're still grieving.

19. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

I've got no problems with alcohol laws getting stricter, and no problems with street racing laws getting tighter either. Now if they start abusing these new laws and regs, I'll be damn pissed.

20. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

I don't LIVE in TExas, and I was to be DAMNED if I was going to drive 10 HOURS to go to traffic court down there.

I jsut paid the ticket. I figured, small town, no nationwide reporting. WRONG.

I was on probation in Memphis at the time, and they found out aobut the shit in Texas. I got a letter to come downtown for a court date for my VIOLATION OF PROBATION offense. A warrent was signed out for my arrest, and the rest is history.

I was in JAIL for 36 hours for Ennis's PIGFUCKING BACKWARDS_ASS COCKSUCKING SON-OF-A-BITCH DONUT LOVING SHITHEAD COPS.

Especially this one fat redheaded motherfucker who probably got teased in highschool, so he decided to become a cop to "show those guys who's boss".

Dickhead.

He had me spread eagle on his hood, cussing at me, spittling on me while screaming... all because I f'ing chirped second gear. Oh dear God.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted