Texas Weather

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Already canceled the Austin->SA shuttles for tomorrow. Not sure if schools are closed yet, but sleet is pretty likely, so...yet another day, at least, that I'm stuck at home.

School has been cancelled here for tomorrow again. Of course with windchills, it's supposed to be -30F for the majority of the day tomorrow...

Have you ever walked outside and it hurts to breathe because the moisture in your breath is freezing as you inhale? Yeah. That's what that feels like.

Schools here are cancelled today for the ice storm that hit last night.

This 40 degree weather must've melted all the ice already. Lol.

Yay for summer tires on your car year round. I don't go out in this crap mainly because there's always people saying 'oh it's not too bad' and try to do the speed limit, while talking on their phones.

Just heard a report on the news of more than 60 accidents responded to this morning by Austin PD.

image.jpg

James, get a plow for the HHR.

I have a friend who works for a movie theater in Tennessee. They closed early tonight due to the snow. Ohhhhh the south.

I have a buddy that is in GA for work (military/homeland). They had an early dismissal 2 days ago because it was forecasted to start soon.

I'd just like to point out...it 'snowed' in dallas and midland last night...and neither city shut down

10 niches of snow yesterday, came fast. Roads decently passable by noon.

8.5" of new accumulation fell yesterday here. We broke a record in January when we saw 30" through the month, took me 4 hours to dig my driveway out yesterday... I literally have snow walls on either side that range from 2-5 feet on either side.

Until you realized it rained and left 1" of ice ontop of the previously fallen snow, and then snowed again.

Oh and it's -9 right now, we broke another low temp record last night.

I got to the daycare and it was closed... they didn't tell me yesterday. Roads are totally clear around me. Grrrr.

Back