Texting By My Computer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
Every time I send or recieve a text, my computer speakers go staticy. Different tones for sending and recieving. It happens a second before my phone recieves a text.

Just thought I'd share that. :)

mine used to do that when i had my phone on my desk... i moved and have a different desk and doesnt happen any more

That's because your computer speakers aren't shielded and the speakers are picking up interference from the cell phone communicating with the cell tower.

just good ol' interference

EDIT* beat me to it...

That's because your computer speakers aren't shielded and the speakers are picking up interference from the cell phone communicating with the cell tower.

great, and i'm happy that my head is touching this "transmitter" every time i make a phone call. i thought i was being healthy by not smoking.

my old nokia with att used to fucking wreck shit
speakers, radio, tv, even my monitor would get sketchy
droid & verizon = no interference i have noticed so far

fuck everything that is said above.

you need to hurry up and make yourself a tin foil hat.
thats the sound of the aliens (or worse: government) trying to get into your head and read your thoughts. they just started spreading the rumor of cell phone interference to cover it up.
its all conspiracy.

lmao.

My buddy used to have a his personal computer in his room, and house phone, cell phones or beepers would effect his speakers and like wise. So talking on his phone, or your cell phone in his room was impossible because of the static in either the speakers or the phone. We even tested it, and it starts RIGHT at his door way. any where else in the house is perfectly fine, but not in his room.

I have mine set just far enough away to where I get a faint buzz through the speakers right before a text comes through. It's like an early warning system for an inconsequential happenstance.

Back