Thank you people..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
i am new to these forums, and after searching google for 9 hours, and spending 4 hours on HT.com, i came here, and i found the answers i was looking for using the search.
Took me about 20 minutes, and i reassured myself with several posts that i can use a 96-01 integra GSR harness with an obd2 b16a2 engine, going into my 95 coupe.
oh yea can anyone tell me if it is going to be SAFE to run my un chipped p28 with this motor, im going to trade my p28 and the ecu from the swap (p30?) for the right obd1 ecu later, but say for a couple weeks, will it run ok?
i love you guys :p
thanks again, deth101 especially for bringing it up over and over, and made me realize that he didnt make a typo or something.
I pick up my engine tomorrow at noon.
Not too sure where i'll get the harness or rear mount yet, but thanks!
(i will be selling a complete d16z6 soon, the tranny grinds in almost every gear, but never stops or gets worse.lol, just being honest if anyone is interested im in Phoenix. motor has 125k (10-12k were abused by me :eek: ) miles.)
-

no thing,92b16vx and allmotormonster were the ones who helped me a ton so another thanks for them also,as far as the harness goes I found mine on egay for 100 and it was cheaper than all the obd1 crap so it seemed like a better idea.and try majestic honda for the rear bracket,I got mine from the local acura dealer for 52.and also the ecu that comes with a 99-00 USDM b16a2 is a p2t and it even looks different than an obd1,what car is your swap from?oh and welcome to hondaswap!

Originally posted by deth101@Apr 17 2005, 03:19 PM
no thing,92b16vx and allmotormonster were the ones who helped me a ton so another thanks for them also,as far as the harness goes I found mine on egay for 100 and it was cheaper than all the obd1 crap so it seemed like a better idea.and try majestic honda for the rear bracket,I got mine from the local acura dealer for 52.and also the ecu that comes with a 99-00 USDM b16a2 is a p2t and it even looks different than an obd1,what car is your swap from?oh and welcome to hondaswap!
[post=488033]Quoted post[/post]​

the swap is from a 99 civic si, goin into a 95 ex.
i might buy a harness off ebay right now for $45...
Then i need axles and the rear bracket.

the 99 si axles will also work if you can get em,and I hit allmotormonster up for a ecu and he gave me good deal and even modded it some for me.

which part of the obd2 harness are you using? Why don't you just use the harness that came in the car? If you are running obd1 components, it would be best to use the obd1 harness. But then again, I am not sure of your situation. And use the p30, as was mentioned above. It will plug right into cars existing harness.

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Apr 17 2005, 05:44 AM
oh yea can anyone tell me if it is going to be SAFE to run my un chipped p28?
[post=487952]Quoted post[/post]​

you can run the p28 and you can run the p30 also

??? i am confused here (doesn't take much for me) but i thought that a p28 was for a sohc so that means that the fuel mapping is for a sohc not for a dohc. so that means NO it is not safe to run an unchipped p28 you can run it but do not go passed 3000 rpms and GOD no please don't rev it to vtec send the ecu out to get chipped and call it a day that is what i run :thumbsup:

the stock p28 maps are far from ideal for a b16, but it will run the car.

i would take it easy on it though--- no 8k pulls.

the p28 throws in less fuel and has a milder ignition advace than a p30, and it also lacks a knock sensor.

the p30 is what you want to run, or get your p28 socketed, and pick up uberdata and a chip burner and hit the dyno :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 18 2005, 10:39 AM
the stock p28 maps are far from ideal for a b16, but it will run the car.

i would take it easy on it though--- no 8k pulls.

the p28 throws in less fuel and has a milder ignition advace than a p30, and it also lacks a knock sensor.

the p30 is what you want to run, or get your p28 socketed, and pick up uberdata and a chip burner and hit the dyno :)
[post=488261]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks guys, but im poor :unsure:
I thought about socketing the ecu myself, but i didnt want to wreck it.
thanks again

Back