thanks hondaswap!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preludebuddy

first off I'd like to thank everyone on this site that has helped me in one way or another. Hondaswap basically taught me everything I know now about hondas and it helped me turn my turbo dreams into reality. thank you guys. :worthy:
2165028_49_full.jpg

the setup: 2000 civic si
stock b16a2
garrett t3/to4e 57 trim .63 A/R
obx ramhorn manifold and 3" downpipe
custom 3" exhaust from kteller.com
dsm 450's with inline resistors
p06 converted to vtec ecu street tuned on crome
tial 38mm wastegate
dsm BOV
homemade intercooler piping
johnny race car 8" intercooler

the boost gauge reads 7.5 pounds which is when the wastegate should open. I'll be making a boost controller sometime this week and re tuning sometime by the end of the week. I hope to see well into the 300's when this car is done.

I didnt tune it so I dont have the maps or anything. when I get together with my tuner I'll see if he can email them to me or something.
also these numbers are corrected for the altitude. dont know the correction factors or anything though. you'd think they'd put them on the dyno sheet. most people use corrected numbers up here. the kid I went with dyno'd his jdm itr swapped integra at the same time and made 165 whp...if thats any comparison.

im just concerned that you're running lean or too much ignition.

a t3 on a stock b16 at 7psi usually makes 200-225-ish. and you killed that figure.

Safe power is better than max power :)

My friend made 275hp on a gsr swaped 00 civic si and it was a very healthy motor before he turboed it. When he got it tuned the tuner had WAY too much timing in it and didn"t have enough fuel. His motor went. He broke the ring lands on all four pistons and the pistons scored up the cylinder walls pretty good. He made them numbers with 6 psi with an precision SC61 turbo.

Back