That Brett Favrie guy retired

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
Football says goodbye to possibly the greatest that ever lived.

He had a heart the size of a basketball crammed in that chest. set about every record there is.

one record that nobody pays much attention to, 275 straight games started. Destroys ripkens baseball record, but gets little attention. he'll probably be back though.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Favre decides to call it a career

[/url]

are you serious? thats probably his biggest record.
i know, but all people talk about is "ripken's longevity" or "montana's super bowls". I don't know if you remember when ripken broke the consecutive games record, but there was all sorts of parties and ceremonies and shit. i don't remember anything for Favre. That 275 games is why he is one of my favorite players.

i know, but all people talk about is "ripken's longevity" or "montana's super bowls". I don't know if you remember when ripken broke the consecutive games record, but there was all sorts of parties and ceremonies and shit. i don't remember anything for Favre. That 275 games is why he is one of my favorite players.

the thing about his record, that puts it at a far bigger accomplishment then any other sport is that, at Brett's position, he generally had 3+ of the largest, most athletic men in the world coming after him with the soul purpose of taking his head off :)

yup. he was the only player who was trying to get tackled by someone every single play. amazing record. i think they should dismiss the 5 year rule for the HOF for him.

i agree :) I noticed on the sports radio stations today, they made mentions of all his records minus the interception record :)

My favorite QB of all time :( ... sad to see him hang up the cleats but it was time... there's really nothing left for him to do... forget the championships, he has a family that hasn't had him full time in 17 years... that's gotta be rough.

People don't realize that his game streak is a lot greater than Ripken's because all these retards are about numbers... forget the fact that he plays a physical sport... a football season only consist of 16 games (without play offs of course) and a baseball season is what? Like a 160+ games? In one season, Ripken got to play 10 football seasons...

My favorite QB of all time :( ... sad to see him hang up the cleats but it was time... there's really nothing left for him to do... forget the championships, he has a family that hasn't had him full time in 17 years... that's gotta be rough.

People don't realize that his game streak is a lot greater than Ripken's because all these retards are about numbers... forget the fact that he plays a physical sport... a football season only consist of 16 games (without play offs of course) and a baseball season is what? Like a 160+ games? In one season, Ripken got to play 10 football seasons...

I would say they are both equally as impressive.

Farve really only ever played one game a week.

Ripken would be gone for weeks at a time on road trips where it is hard to nurse injuries and keep healthy in constant change.

Baseball is a longer season in terms of time spent with team.

Baseball is more of an individual sport when compaired to football. IE. only one batter batting at a time. Usually only one player making a play on the ball.

Farve was constantly being "chased down" although I do not recall too many hard hits.

Farve was on pain killers for quite a few of those games. He has admitted it and since been to rehab for it.

Both lost fathers during their season and came back with stellar performances.

I know there are more but being from WI I am already sick of hearing about it.

yeah, ripken had to play a lot, but baseball is a whole different world.

if you play infield, you can go forever without a serious injury. you don't really hit walls, you don't get tackled, it's relatively safe.

football on the other hand, having a 350lb lineman fall on you, something is bound to get twisted or caught under you. pain killers or not, he had several broken bones and things that could hold him up. now that's an iron man.

How many times was Farve actually sacked in a game? In reality it wasn't that many. I agree the potential for bodily harm is greater in the NFL but there is something to be said about playing 9+ innings on consecutive days. Have you played baseball? Not that this is any comparison but when I was in high school my summer team played 6 games a week and I started at either pitcher, first base or right field for every single game for all 70 or so we played. Hell even at 17-18 I was starting to feel it. I could not imagine playing at the pro level for 16 years which is longer than most people in the league.

Ok what about these then?

A.C. Green's 1,110 straight NBA games

Glenn Hall's 502 consecutive games played by a goaltender

Ken Jennings 74 game winning streak

Last edited:
How many times was Farve actually sacked in a game? In reality it wasn't that many. I agree the potential for bodily harm is greater in the NFL but there is something to be said about playing 9+ innings on consecutive days. Have you played baseball? Not that this is any comparison but when I was in high school my summer team played 6 games a week and I started at either pitcher, first base or right field for every single game for all 70 or so we played. Hell even at 17-18 I was starting to feel it. I could not imagine playing at the pro level for 16 years which is longer than most people in the league.
yeah, i played quarterback in high school, and played outfield/pitcher/catcher in baseball.

I took some fucked up hits. even broke my back and have the scar from the helmet still. Baseball was a bitch too, but not like football. If ripken was a catcher, it would be a whole different story. Catching is the only thing that could get close. .

I played football for 10 years, he played for like 25. i still can barely walk some days. my body aches. i feel like i'm physically 40 somedays.

Favre only played 17 seasons - one of which he sat out most of the games with the falcons.

Like I said both are impressive but it will always be a matter of apples to oranges. In reality I hold both players in high regard as they were stand up guys that just wanted to play.

Favre only played 17 seasons - one of which he sat out most of the games with the falcons.

Like I said both are impressive but it will always be a matter of apples to oranges. In reality I hold both players in high regard as they were stand up guys that just wanted to play.
i was referring to college, high school, pop warner. probably played 30 years of football.

but i do agree. they had outstanding character on and off the field. if either was a drama llama like terrell owens, i wouldn't have respect for either one, no matter what the record was.

Joe Montana>any QB ever

3 Superbowl MVP's, 4 rings, nuff said

Brady had a chance to assend to Montana Status, but losing the uberbowl put that on hold

taking nothing away from Favre, I'm a big fan of his and Green Bay was "my team" heading into the playoffs

Joe Montana>any QB ever

3 Superbowl MVP's, 4 rings, nuff said

Brady had a chance to assend to Montana Status, but losing the uberbowl put that on hold

taking nothing away from Favre, I'm a big fan of his and Green Bay was "my team" heading into the playoffs
titles don't make you the greatest player ever. and you know this.

Back