That's it...it's over....no more meets at the Airjockie compound.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, since B and Celerity are having meets, that make this post a feeler for some dates for the NE Summer Bash and swap meet. End of July sound good?

maybe I can finally make one. I have to see how the refi goes on july 15th, would love to make a meet and say hi. BTW if you and the wife ever head down this way lemme know. I would love some company

Last edited:
end of july sucks for me.

8/1 deadline for projects. i'll be working pretty much from the 15th -1st non stop :(

well, since B and Celerity are having meets, that make this post a feeler for some dates for the NE Summer Bash and swap meet. End of July sound good?

Not really having a "meet" I'm warming some hotdogs and hamburgers for my birthday.

And to think...im considering moving up by you losers...until i saw the difference in cost of living.......thats scary stuff.

meh, a firm in NY city flew me out there 2 weeks ago (i know, not the best place to make my generalization about). They offered me 120k and it still wasnt enough to live there. Decently clean 900 sq/ft 1 bedroom for 2 grand a month. NO THANK YOU.

Im still looking around though....just seems like all the jobs id enjoy are in CA, NY and FL. And im not living in any of those 3 states.

If you work in NYC, you're supposed to live in New Jersey or CT to make money. And even that, anywhere 45 miles or closer to NYC is $2000 / 900 sqft.

The reason my place is so expensive is because of my proximity to NYC. And I'm like 65 miles.

In TX terms, that's not a lot, but that's through 40 or more little towns, and it's a completely different unit of measurement. It's why New Englanders describe measures of length in units of time. It's weird, but it works.

It's why New Englanders describe measures of length in units of time. It's weird, but it works.

I do that here, and people look at me weird. My friends have gotten used to it, but everyone else always reiterates the question--"How many miles?"

Steve, when is your birthday thing? I must have missed it in another post...

No, I didn't post up. Just IMed a few folks. This upcoming sunday.

Believe me dude, you won't miss a barbeque at Chez Cel. Every weekend.

i mean i used to work 40 miles away from my last place...and then i said f that...and moved to the ghetto...not doing that again. i just got a different job and a different place and got the fuck outa there... 17 miles is a much nicer number.

IMO, if you're not making 200k, you aren't going to live in the city and be middle class.
you'll be on the outskirts.... hoboken, astoria, etc etc at 100k and be comfy.

the worst part about the city.... is that you'll never drive again.

parking costs like 80 bucks a day.... so you need to make 300k to live comfy AND have a car. i'ts' stupid.

Back