That's it...it's over....no more meets at the Airjockie compound.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

In TX terms, that's not a lot, but that's through 40 or more little towns, and it's a completely different unit of measurement. It's why New Englanders describe measures of length in units of time. It's weird, but it works.

:werd:
ive always done it that way :lol:
"how far away is _______ ?"
"about 35-40 minutes depending on traffic"

i mean something 15 miles away in one direction might take 20 minutes to get to... 15 miles in the other direction could take 45 minutes... so the time distance is actually more useful information :D

in texas we tell you miles...if its between 7a and 9a and 4p and 6p and we are directing you to 30, 35, 635 or 75....add 30 minutes to the mileage. :)

And to think...im considering moving up by you losers...until i saw the difference in cost of living.......thats scary stuff.

Don't worry, I might be moving up near you soon. :p

in texas we tell you miles...if its between 7a and 9a and 4p and 6p and we are directing you to 30, 35, 635 or 75....add 30 minutes to the mileage. :)

That's weird- I always hear people say that Texans tell distance in time and that the rest of the country tells distance in miles. I just throw both out there, especially because my own travel times usually make people go :wtf2:

i remember that converstaion. ive only ever done it in like 3 hours.

Back