the 2016 Election thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I voted early.

it's official, Trump is the 45th president, the hag just called to concede the race, looks like the House and Senate are (R) controlled as well
so now lets see what happens

No Disputin the Putin
And now...
Can't Stump the Trump

Although it is sad that this was the "best" our political system could do. If Killary got in I feel like special interests would literally just run all over Washington. But with checks and balances in place I honestly feel as though Trump will have such a hard time following through with his stuff it'll essentially result in political stasis from the executive branch.

In any case we all know we're just bridging the gap to KANYE 2020 SAY SHEEZY TO YEEZEY. You heard it here first, folks.

checks and balances are in trumps favor. R control nearly across the board, and with the supreme court appointment coming, it will be in hold for a long time.

But with checks and balances in place I honestly feel as though Trump will have such a hard time following through with his stuff it'll essentially result in political stasis from the executive branch.

Republicans now have control over all 3 branches of government lol. not many checks in place here.

At least i wont lose my guns, yet.

SDq1EUT.jpg

Yeah but the Trump doesnt follow the R agenda to a tee he still has a lot of his own weird notions whether or not he sticks to those we'll see.

Every state needs to have elections by mail. Washington has them and it's GREAT. Until the voting methods change, the national elections and a lot of the local elections are going to get screwed. In 2012, the national average was 57% of eligible voters cast their ballots, in washington state, it was 80%. I credit this to ballot by mail.

Anyway, I voted Hillary simply because I felt I could trust her more to not do something crazy. I work with a lot of international folks and leading up to the election, the consensus was, "what the fuck is up with Trump". All of the senate and congress seats I voted republican.

In a perfect world, our best candidate would be somewhere in the middle. But we don't have that and with partisan politics, we never will.

If you're voting by mail, how do you know your vote gets counted? How do you know 80% of the people actually voted, and not that 80% of the voting population was tallied? Do you get a certificate as a receipt?

Last edited:
If you're voting by mail, how do you know your vote gets counted? How do you know 80% of the people actually voted, and not that 80% of the voting population was tallied? Do you get a certificate as a receipt?

There is an online tracking mechanism, similar to a package. It's been received, it's been processed, its been counted, etc.

I really think the Supreme Court appointment or appointments could be the biggest legacy of the Trump White House.

Despite your party affiliation or the way you lean I think most people would say career politicians have taken control of govt. As much as people thought Obama represented change I don't think anything really ever changed. If nothing else I think everyone would agree Trump will be a change so I'm on board with it. I would bet my life that in 8 years we still won't be rounding up illegals and minorities or have a wall on the Mexican border. I think everyone needs to settle down and take a step back and realize that life as we know it is going to go on regardless of Trump or Clinton.

Honestly, I don't see the problem with that logic. I HAVE to vote for SOMEBODY. Not voting isn't an option. As far as candidates go, she was the most qualified.

But I didn't vote for her exclusively because I can't trust Trump, I voted because of her qualifications and how she can handle the presidency. Yeah, she's a "see you next tuesday", but which candidate isn't?

i mostly voted for SCOTUS nominations
i don't know for sure what Trump will do, but i do know that Hillary would have appointed SJW "legislate from the bench" types that would have fucked us over for generations
so i rolled the dice for the unknown option

and also fuck dynasties

i mostly voted for SCOTUS nominations
i don't know for sure what Trump will do, but i do know that Hillary would have appointed SJW "legislate from the bench" types that would have fucked us over for generations
so i rolled the dice for the unknown option

and also fuck dynasties

The Supreme Court as a position is fucking retarded IMHO. Who thinks it's a good idea for people to manage the future laws of society without understanding current society? Seriously, what 83 year old knows about computer and technology crimes? And why the fuck are 80 year old people still working? My 80 year old grandfather couldn't tie his shoes let alone interpret and evaluate a complex decision. Also, you shouldn't be allowed to make (yes, i know they are actually supposed to "interpret" the laws) laws when you can realistically say, "i'm going to vote how I want because I'll die before this gets too serious".

Back