The $26 paint job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

we all pimped it. me and bill with the rollers and brian with the brush doin all the trim. plus b cooked us up a kick ass dinner after so he could have sat in a chair and watched and i wouldn't have cared.:p i think it was quite possibly the most fun i have had workin on a car since well we cut the parts car up and threw it in the trash. but seriously i don't think we stopped laughing the entire time we where paintin this thing it was a site to see

Wow, maybe I should paint the del sol this way? haha.

That cage looks hideous, is it even legal?

the cage is an autopower. it is SCCA approved and has the sticker on it that its passed inspection.

it's not a great design, i agree. but for an entry level car to toy around in, it suits our needs.

reckedracing said:
thats why the can says, use in a well ventilated area :)

I was immediately thinking that too, and Chris Farley and David Spade in Black Sheep when the nitrous leaks into the car.

limit-tee-tee. row-add, row-add.

ooh, i know all about well ventilated areas
clear makes me puke, even with a 2 filter mask, etc

we did a surround tub one time in a small-ish bathroom
a 1 gallon pail of liquid nails or one of those adhesives...
i've never eaten so many cookies in my life
lol

Looks good, I have heard of this before. I have seen a lot of oilbased finishes applied by brush that look like glass, no brush marks or anything, when done by a pro. When I had my boat I sprayed it with an oil based floor enamel which is very close to an industrial enamel. It only peeled where water sat on it for long periods of time. I wouldnt expect much paint to hold up to water sitting on it for long time periods. The paint looked good on it.

Back