The Accord is no more

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
No, the topic wasn't a misprint. You read it right.

My baby isn't mine anymore. Well, in a few days it won't be. The story?

Last Wednesday evening, I was driving in Longmont in heavy traffic when a 20-ish Mexican guy in a beater Chevy changes lanes into my lane, while we're slowing down. While I should've noticed that traffic was almost stopped in front of him, he DID cut me off. Anyway, I hit his rear end, both my airbags go off, my new carbon fiber hood gets destroyed, and my front bumper, fans, and radiator all go with it. The damage wasn't all that bad, it was probably driveable. The Mexcian guy gets out of the car, and doesn't ask me if I'm OK, but asks if my car is driveable. I'm like, WTF? But no, I tell him it's not driveable. He says he doesn't want to get the cops involved, but I said we have to. He proceeds to hop in his car and drive away. Nice, huh? I got a partial on his license plate, and the color of his car, but that was it.

The cops come, etc, write up an accident report, etc etc. The officer decides to not give me a ticket, since he didn't think it was totally my fault, and felt bad about the hit and run.

So on Friday, my insurance company calls me, and tells me that they THINK they're totalling the car. Around $6500 worth of damage (two grand just for the airbags), and the car is probably worth $5000 if I'm lucky. I won't know for sure if they're totalling it until Tuesday, but they say it's like 90% sure.

So what did I do today? Went down to my local Subaru dealership and hooked myself up with a 2002 WRX. I got a killer deal on it (the salesman sold my girlfriend's dad his last 4 vehicles). Blue, 20k miles, factory gauges (boost, oil, voltage), in great condition.

So hopefully I don't get kicked off of Hondaswap for jumping ship. :) I loved my car alot, but there wasn't much to be done. I won't ever forget my roots, and hell, when I get rich and famous, I'll have myself an NSX. :D

I'll keep everyone updated on the status of the Accord, and if any plans for the WRX shape up.

B, I'd still like to be a mod here if you still want me. :) That is, if I don't get flamed to hell. Hehe

R.I.P., my ex-baby.

s3db4727aea965.jpg

Cliffs: I read end a Mexican guy cuz he cuts me off, he runs off before the police arrive. No tickets issued to me. Insurance company will probably total the car. I by myself a WRX to ease the pain. :)

Ship jumper!!!
No, I drive a Dodge.
That's suck tho...
Damn mexicans...
He just jumped in his car and left?
I woulda ran for the tire iron.
Whatcho gonna do now, mang???

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 9 2003, 10:51 PM
its all for the best man. fuck honda :)

:werd:
Can you take anything out of the accord before they total it?

RIP -- We lost a good sleeper on August 6, 2003.

Sell the GReddy E-manage shit, and get a bigger fucking turbo on the WRX. Nice job on the blue, far superior than any other color (Silver is nice, tho)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 9 2003, 10:26 PM
Yep, he just took off. Either uninsured, had a warrant out for his arrest, had stolen the car, who knows. Pisser, eh?

Could have been illegal immigrant, have alot of those here.

khrisb :newbie: :owned:

DOHC, sorry to hear about the car. It looked really good. I hope you don't lose out of too much money because of the h22 swap it has. Atleast you are alright and got a sweet ride out of it.

let me know what the buyback from the insurance company is. might be a good oppertunity for you to pass on a good deal to a fellow hondaswapper....... :)

was just gonna say the same thing. it costs a few hundred max to buy the car back. go sell your h22 for $3000 .

i drive a 'stang and still post here. hell, i'm still a moderator. i dont think you'll be kicked.

So.... about that exhaust system, :cough" ihaveanaccord :cough: that really sucks tho man, that means if i get my h22 in my accord, ill be the only one on here with one, i think. :( :angry: by by car.

Thanks everyone.

I talked with Eric (lsvtec) about doing a buyback on the car and making some money on the parts (engine, brakes, suspension, leather interior, etc), but I don't think I'd have the time, I wouldn't have any place to store the car while I did that, and then I'd have to deal with getting the stripped shell to the junkyard. I think I'm going to take the insurance check and cut my losses. I know they're paying me for the carbon fiber hood and my new header (on the car for 2 days before the wreck), but anything else I'm going to have to wrestle with them about. They already said they're taking the mileage on the odometer, not the engine. Fuckers.

Afipunk....thanks for the website. I've still got a warranty on the thing, plus my new car payments are going to kick me in the ass, so no fun parts for now. First on the list is a turbo timer, then an Sti exhaust. Who knows after that. Anything that doesn't void my warranty. :)

That totally sucks man... I want to get a new car too... Mmmmm... Evolution 8

That is so fucking sad. We spent a lot of weekends on that car, it's really a bummer that all it takes is one uninsured dick to take the car away from you. It made me realize that I am done with mine. No more on the Integra until I decide if I am going to sell it eventually or if I am going to make it a full time road course car and get something else to drive on the street. It's not so much the money spent on parts (supposedly if I keep all my receipts, which I have, my insurance company with pay for those parts) but how much time and effort has gone into it.

RIP, I am going to miss that car.

Back