The Accord is no more

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 90 accord@Aug 11 2003, 01:45 PM
i seriously want your motor, let me know whats going on mang.

As I said, I'm probably not buying back the car. I really need the insurance money, so I'm giving them the car and taking the check. I have no place to store the car if I buy it back.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Aug 11 2003, 01:59 PM
The WRX is a possibility. By the time I get out of college there should be a few used STi's on the market...

Dude, I'm gonna trade this thing in for an Sti in a few years when I can afford it. :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Aug 11 2003, 09:19 PM-->
@Aug 11 2003, 01:59 PM
The WRX is a possibility.  By the time I get out of college there should be a few used STi's on the market...

Dude, I'm gonna trade this thing in for an Sti in a few years when I can afford it. :)

Why upgrade the whole car when you can just upgrade the turbo, put the STi exhaust on it, put on a FMIC (get rid of the one under the hoodscoop), a new intake, upgrade the cams, and for the same price of an STi, you will be ripping off STi length quarter mile times in your sleeper WRX. Think about it here. Your insurance will stay the same (if it's a big concern like mine is right now) and you'll pull up to an EVO 8 and he'll think "A WRX huh? some easy dinner" until the light turns green (at the track....) :lol: ;)

The only problem with my idea is the lack of the 6 sp gearbox and the manually adjustable Vicious limited slip differential...

BUT...

seeing as how they're the same damn car (except the engine/transmission) I bet you could easily swap for the 6 sp and the LSD.

Well, maybe I'm getting carried away here. LOL

dude that sux about the accord what a loss...and it looks like your not the only one jumping ship looks like i might have to sell/part out my civ...id sooner total her or burn her than have to tear her apart w/ my hands...ugh...its like ripping a babies head off or something

my condolences kick some ass w/ the sube

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Aug 11 2003, 01:19 PM-->
90 accord
@Aug 11 2003, 01:45 PM

As I said, I'm probably not buying back the car. I really need the insurance money, so I'm giving them the car and taking the check. I have no place to store the car if I buy it back.

when you buy back your car you still get your insurance money, i imagine the buy back back will be around $1,000 - $2,000, selling the parts from the car you could make that money back plus some. maybe you could rent a storage unit to put the car in and part it out, might be worth it.

holy shit man that sucks :( just saw one of those new wrx's up close though at a dealer and yea, they are tite! not too shabby with that 227hp turbo :D congrats on the new "rex" :thumbsup: i saw the wrx sti also, and got to sit in it. its pretty awesome :worthy:

Ummmm yeah, couldn't afford the Sti. :) They had one on the lot, and god they're pretty. 300 foot-pounds, 300 horsepower and a driver-controlled variable center diff don't hurt either. :D
Edit: Page 3 own3d in my own thread.

Originally posted by B16+Aug 11 2003, 06:20 PM-->
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 11 2003, 01:19 PM
90 accord
@Aug 11 2003, 01:45 PM

when you buy back your car you still get your insurance money, i imagine the buy back back will be around $1,000 - $2,000, selling the parts from the car you could make that money back plus some. maybe you could rent a storage unit to put the car in and part it out, might be worth it.

if they said that the car was worth 5k, and they totalled it out, the buyback would probably be 300 bucks or so.........great oppertunity here

lol, you can't link your own album from your control page. Tard! :p

Back