1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Acura is no mo. So what did I get?

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by jeffie7, Apr 29, 2009.

1. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I gave the IS a 2nd look, played with the interior, pushed buttons and did a detailed walk around. In the end, it just didn't do anything for me.

Pulled the trigger and picked this up today. Has I think every option offered I can think of other then heated seats WTF?

P2 package, 18s, rear sun shade, pana roof, nav, heated light washers, folding rear view mirrors (fold back when you park) HIDs, lights that turn when you turn the wheel, auto rain sensing windsheild wipers yada yada yada.

Found it with 3K miles on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took this night pictures after I got home from the dealership, while taking pictures I had a guy walk up to me and ask me if I'd sell it to him. I told him nah, I've only had it for about 3 hours, he would have to get his own.

After spending some seat time with it, I'm very happy with it, handling wise it's night and day from the IS, the IS don't get me wrong handles great, but its just..... just not the same, I've read many reviews for the IS350 touching on the whole handling thing where it feels fake, too automated, no feel for the road. and so on. C350, while a bit slower in a straight line, clearly feels better on the backroads. Fun factor is clearly there.

Car has a 50K mile 4 year bumper to bumper warrenty. I'll be the gunnipig, I always hear bad things about Benz, but always on the internet, never in real life. We will see what happens. I'll keep you guys updated with issues.

P.S I've been searching around the MB forums for the last few days and so far... my god, they all suck major injen pencil. Like... really bad.

1 person likes this.
  2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

that is pretty yummy looking, to say the least.

3. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

new s/n = slushie7 ?

4. double0Si

double0Si ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) VIP

Damn sexy... Nice buy.

5. 92stoccord

92stoccord Big Member VIP

6. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

way to chooce the color....

i still want a TL. :(

7. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

Yuck.

That car looks like ass with the american bumpers.

8. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

whats the EDM bumpers look like.. i did a google search and what i found looks the same.. had euro plates on it

9. awptickes

The reflectors front and back absolutely suck. The rear bumper is a bit longer too.

I'm sure someone makes a piece to remove those reflectors.

10. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

oh, the side reflectors ... yea.. they really dont go with the car..

11. awptickes

Sides on the front, sides on the rear, and rear facing on the rear.......

12. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

:lmao:

Nice ride! :D

13. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Very nice!

But

Let's just say that I talked to a German who was recently a quality engineer for BMW. I had to give her some crap- so I asked "what about the quality wiring in the BMWs and Benzes?" She said that she drove an Audi. The general consensus I get from people I've talked to FROM Germany is that MB and BMW are on the low side of the quality line compared to Audi stuff.

But I still think the new C is nice. :)

14. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I'd trust most any other German car over an Audi. I had an 1996, my brother had an 2003, the 2003 has had its share of problems to say the least. My other brother has a 3 series, right after buying it the sunroof stopped working, dealership fixed it and its been 2 or 3 years and I've yet to hear of a single problem with it. "yet"

Either way, I don't give a damn I have a full bumper to bumper warranty. Chances are the car will be sold before it runs out. Just like if I owned a BMW or an Audi, I wouldn't own either without having a warranty.

15. kriz

kriz New Member

Yeah the reflectors really seem out of place but that is one sexy car. Idk that I'd want a car with panoramic sunroof though... something about it just makes it seem gay like its a wannabe convertible.

16. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Nice job on not getting the run-of-the-mill beige or silver color on your Benz. The red is really sharp, and it looks classy (should compliment the Z well in the garage). As far as German cars go, I was never really drawn to Mercedes - I never liked the interiors and they seemed too "old man"ish. The new C class is definitely a lot different and more dynamic.

As far as Audis go, I'm kind of biased as I'm a technician that's about to be factory certified by Audi of America - but the quality has gone way up from 5 years ago. And as far as I'm concerned they have one of the better lineups out there. (though it is hard to match BMW) I'd stay away from the larger platform cars as they are slightly dated in their design, but the new A4s/A5's/Q5 are really something to look at. Not to mention you can get the turbo 4 or the 3.2 V6 with a stick if you so choose - and the turbo 4 makes more torque than the V6.

17. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I think the C350 interior makes the IS350 interior look like an old persons car.
    I thought Audi was canning the whole 6 speed/V6 combo next year? putting the 6 speeds only with the inline 4s.

18. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Dealers won't be ordering any, as they don't sell - but it's an option if you want to wait. So I've heard. The 3.2 is nice, but to be honest with the fuel economy and the torque, you can get a fully specced 2.0T Prestige for less.

But the new interiors are definately working better. The old ones reminded me of a 1940's train station. Drove a CLS500 and wasn't impressed. Like I said, the new C-class is the only new sedan by them that I like.

19. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

20. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

:shrug:

I always wondered how Audi quality was supposed to be good when VW was all screwed up. Oh well. Just sell it in a year or two. ;)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted