1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the bailout is a raging success

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by E_SolSi, Feb 18, 2009.

1. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

hey guess what....

GM wants MORE FUCKING MONEY!!!

yes that's right... they want another 16.6 BILLION DOLLARS... in addition to the 13.4 BILLION DOLLARS they already took... for a total of 30 BILLION DOLLARS
    oh and they are going to be closing 5 plants and cutting 47,000 jobs in addition to the 30 BILLION DOLLARS they are taking in bail out bucks

GM seeks up to $30B in aid, will cut 47,000 jobs - Yahoo! Finance

2. E_SolSi

oh good... Chrystler wants more too

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090217/ap_on_bi_ge/chrysler_bailout

3. E_SolSi

does anyone really believe that if we just throw enough money at this it will fix itself?????

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

:fail:
    :facepalm:

build a car that doesn't suck and maybe you won't go out of buisness.

Now, the gov't is "pot committed" to throw a poker term in there... if they don't give more, they totally wasted X billion from before.

I said let them fail 5 months ago...
    everyone bitched about losing jobs....
    now, you're still going to lose your job and cost us a shit ton of more debt.

told ya so.

5. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

[​IMG]

Please sir, may I have some more?

6. E_SolSi

id say this is a more accurate representation of what is going on here

[​IMG]

7. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I wonder if people in government know they're dumb.

1 person likes this.
  8. mintoxik

mintoxik Member

i love it +1 for you
    I think we just need to crash and start over yea it would suck alot but maybe thats what we need everyone needs there ass kicked from time to time

9. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Like so many industry analysts told the "bailout" geniuses, if you give them "X", they are going to be back for more, once "X" runs out.

Viability plan? WTF? If I have a private business that is about to tank, why don't I get a chance to propose a "viability plan".

Let GM file Chapter 11, let Chrysler tank and we'll all be happy.

My god, people are talking about billions of dollars like they are just buying sticks of gum. It's ridiculous. All this money adds up, and we will NEVER see it again. Truth is, GM doesn't even make a profit from selling cars anymore because of the ludicrous overhead and pressure from the unions.

Tons of automakers are rolling out new models, revamping production, and changing up sales plans to adapt - and most aren't doing TOO bad. All GM can say is;

"ZOMG, were gonna make the VOLT and revolutionize EVERTHING!!!!!!1111ONE".

They can't even roll the Camaro out in time, let alone produce a next-gen hybrid. Chances are even if it DOES come out the new prius and insight will rape it anyway.

10. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

The problem with American automakers is the availability of options and producing cars that no one wants. I was reading/watching (somewhere) the news and they stated that US automakers have roughly 1000 options on their cars and are producing cars with these varying options... that are not selling. the Camry/Accord which has been the top selling cars for years... have 17 options. US automakers are really starting to fall apart... I admit that and I own a Ford :(

11. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

fucking junk!!! let it go already,ive been wih B since his whole started,
    im also predicting honda will be heading this route in the far future,

12. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

I don't think Honda will be headed this route. I think they are going to take the same tactics as Toyota did and just slow production and eliminate unnecessary projects.

I found this in my searches. It's a link to an article regarding what vehicles Chrysler and the others are cutting out of their production line in an attempt to save money.

Revised vehicle lineups

GM is even asking the Swedish government for money so they can find a buyer for Saab. Otherwise, Saab is going the way of the dinosaurs.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  13. hsoguy

hsoguy Junior Member

This is great news. We are slowly killing all traditional American Company brands exactly what a one world government would want.. Loose your identity.. reject your own.. become the melting pot forget country pride... what has it done for you? I say all of that with a smile.. I want a Vote. . Keep GM and Chrysler or let them fail.. if my tax money dictates continuation I want a vote.

14. corvetteguy78

corvetteguy78 Well-Known Member VIP

Guys,

I think what most of you fail to see is the big picture. The government doesn't give a shit if a company goes out of business, it happens all the time. This is a crisis. Thousands and Thousands of people stand to loose there jobs. Which means they can't pay there bills, and will loose their homes and jobs and don't put money back into the economey etc...Is 800 billion the answer? Who knows, but they have to try something. Be thankful they are taken some action. No one asked for this to happen, but the "smartest" people in the country are working on trying to come up with a solution and pumping money into companies to keep them afloat and to save peoples jobs and to create new jobs seems to be a logical solution.

What if it works? Will people remember Obama as one the greatest President of all time? Or if it fails will he be known as a complete douche bag?

Give it a chance and let's see what happens

15. E_SolSi

news flash... we are pumping BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars into them, and thousands and thousands of people are loosing their job any fucking way

16. corvetteguy78

corvetteguy78 Well-Known Member VIP

Well I never expected that once the bill passes that everything would instantly work out overnight. I give it two years.

17. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

My uncle is worried since he retired from GM 5 years ago... If GM were to go out of business... his retirement package is done. They have no way of supporting benefits/pay for the rest of his life.

I know it is a terrible situation but you have to feel for the 10,000+ people who rely on retirement packages, and the 100,000 people they currently employee worldwide.

18. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

I can't find anything anywhere that says the details on the job loses either. One report said 10,000 salary, 37,000 hourly. It could be alot of these are still buyouts, basically GM/Chrystler gives them a year of pay to leave. If thats the case so what, they are killing the UAW.

19. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

First off, call an Article V Convention (it's never been allowed since the Federal government is terrified of the possible loss of power that could result).

Second, from that convention, amend the constitution to enact lifetime term limits on all government appointments, all the way from Forest Preserve Commissioner to the President. Served as a congressman for X years? Thanks for your service, but you're done and can never be one or be involved in the process again. That means lobbying is out. This ensures turnover in government and prevents lifetime politicians for personal gain.

Third, amend Article III, section III of the Constitution (Treason) to include illegally tampering with the voting process of any level of Federal or State government. Hacked a Diebold machine? Death penalty. This ensures that elected officials truly are elected.

Fourth, incorporate the Second Amendment at the state level (this appears to be a work in progress). An inalienable right isn't very inalienable when it can be taken away by a state. This ensures that the people can protect themselves from an overbearing government.

Then you can start work on everything else.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  20. E_SolSi

two years???

we just gave GM 13.4 BILLION DOLLARS a few months ago... they have already pissed through it and are now demanding another 16.6 BILLION DOLLARS...
    where do we draw the line??? is $30Billion the max?? how bout $60B??? maybe $300B???

and in spite of all of this money that we are pumping into them they are still cutting jobs by the thousands
    and maybe they are just doing some house cleaning that should have been done a long time ago?? i dont know... but 50,000+ people are lined up to lose their jobs right now in spite of the billions in bail out bucks

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted