the bailout is a raging success

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heres my take.

let them fail. lose jobs. kill the union. so what? too bad.

as someone else said before, there will be some venture capitalist to buy up some of the shut down factories, update process, and start a new business. this business practice wont involve a union im sure. for example if toyota is paying a guy $10/hourly to do injection moulding and make dashboards why is GM paying $30/hourly + to do the same thing? it is impossble to be profitable this way - not to mention that regardless of economic standard these companies were hurting WAY before the recession. why? because japanese/korean car companies produce a BETTER car for less money.

if you cant find a job in your career maybe its time for a change. become an MSP. my business is THRIVING and we cannot control the growth spurt we have been in since the economy shit. it doesnt take 100 certifications to run an MSP business. just a little cash to start off with and a client that requires some sort of automated service.

heres my take.

as someone else said before, there will be some venture capitalist to buy up some of the shut down factories, update process, and start a new business. this business practice wont involve a union im sure. for example if toyota is paying a guy $10/hourly to do injection moulding and make dashboards why is GM paying $30/hourly + to do the same thing? it is impossble to be profitable this way - not to mention that regardless of economic standard these companies were hurting WAY before the recession. why? because japanese/korean car companies produce a BETTER car for less money.

if you cant find a job in your career maybe its time for a change. become an MSP. my business is THRIVING and we cannot control the growth spurt we have been in since the economy shit. it doesnt take 100 certifications to run an MSP business. just a little cash to start off with and a client that requires some sort of automated service.

+1

Heres a scenario. I worked as a contractor at a UAW run plant. The workers were actually told to limit their production so there would be enough work for second and third shift. So when a worker could pump out 30 peices a day, he was told to do only 10 so they could justify the next guys job. Thats f--ked up. I can't imagine why GM can't afford quality and R&D.
Not to imagine after a normal layoff with out a buyout GM still have to pay the guy normal $27/hr wages for the next year while the worker could sit at home in a job bank with a beer in his hand.

First off, call an Article V Convention (it's never been allowed since the Federal government is terrified of the possible loss of power that could result).

Second, from that convention, amend the constitution to enact lifetime term limits on all government appointments, all the way from Forest Preserve Commissioner to the President. Served as a congressman for X years? Thanks for your service, but you're done and can never be one or be involved in the process again. That means lobbying is out. This ensures turnover in government and prevents lifetime politicians for personal gain.

Third, amend Article III, section III of the Constitution (Treason) to include illegally tampering with the voting process of any level of Federal or State government. Hacked a Diebold machine? Death penalty. This ensures that elected officials truly are elected.

Fourth, incorporate the Second Amendment at the state level (this appears to be a work in progress). An inalienable right isn't very inalienable when it can be taken away by a state. This ensures that the people can protect themselves from an overbearing government.

Then you can start work on everything else.
I like it. Politicians are not the bravest bunch either. You euthanize a few and the rest will make sure they start to do their jobs.

The problem with the car companies and banks is the same problem as the government. Far too many people just don't give a fuck. "Which way will make ME the most money? OK that's how were going to do it. It will ruin the company you say? Well let's just see how it plays out. Where's my check?"

heres my take.

Foreign companies are really struggling too.

Foreign companies are really struggling too.

Yea my company had a 31% sales drop this jan when compared to last. At least they can still turn a profit. Even Toyota is in the tank. Did you know that Honda has never lost money on a car? Their conservative behavior in the industry is paying off right now. At work we watched a presentation showing what the industry was forcasted to do in the next couple of years. Basically the economy will recover in 10', and the auto industry will follow suit the year after that.

Guys,

I think what most of you fail to see is the big picture. The government doesn't give a shit if a company goes out of business, it happens all the time. This is a crisis. Thousands and Thousands of people stand to loose there jobs. Which means they can't pay there bills, and will loose their homes and jobs and don't put money back into the economey etc...Is 800 billion the answer? Who knows, but they have to try something. Be thankful they are taken some action. No one asked for this to happen, but the "smartest" people in the country are working on trying to come up with a solution and pumping money into companies to keep them afloat and to save peoples jobs and to create new jobs seems to be a logical solution.

What if it works? Will people remember Obama as one the greatest President of all time? Or if it fails will he be known as a complete douche bag?

Give it a chance and let's see what happens

they will still fucking kiss the ground where he walks.
youre right to a point, but where do you think the money is coming from?
it would be better if they government just gave us the money straight up..
;)

Back