The Beater getting repaired

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
I just found this a little odd.

I bought the Prelude with a starting problem and exhuast leak. Later down the road the clutch started slipping a little bit.... I was too lazy and busy or whatever to ever fix any of it

So I finally caught some time and decided to fix the known problems. I started with the ignition since that was the original motivation to fix it...it didn't want to start.

The ignition was just the coil wire or whatever it was dry rotted/corroded itself out. No problem made a new one out of an old spark plug wire... VOILA...Car starts up everytime on the first try in a few cranks now....It used to take a LONG time to start and cranked forever....Problem one fixed.

Next was off to the exhuast leak. The exhuast fell off recently and made it worse than it was. OF course it broke on both sides of the flexpipe so that old method of muffler tape just wasn't going to work and I can't weld for shit. I went out and got some kind of wide clamp AND some crap my friend who works at an exhaust shop gave me as a sealer, I don't know what it's called. Well the shit worked and the car is actually quiet... I don't even have to turn up the radio to 28 to hear the shit anymore. Ok...good. Problem two solved. Time for a test drive.

Now I drive it and there is no more clutch slipping at all. I can even take the shit to 6200 without a slip. I don't get it how can an exhaust and ignition tune up stop the clutch from slipping. Maybe I'll actually try to keep up on maintenance on the beater now.

CLIFFNOTES:
fixed igintion
fixed exhuast
no more clutch slipping
maybe will do routine maintenence on the beater.

maybe the motor was making uber power cause it was running open header? :D

sounds like an adventure...

the big clamp, is that a band clamp by any chance...?
those things are fucking GREAT

it did feel slightly faster with the open header.

Might be a band clamp, don't know the technical name for it. Not sure If I trust it, i'll have to check it again later today.

baahaaahhaaa... Preludes SUCK... my car was just loud with open header... oh well... it pissed my V6 Camaro Neighbor off so bad, that when he goes outside to start his car in the morning he revs it to simulate a cam or soem shit.... V6 Camaro w/ Dual Exhuast... so gay.

Brian

LOL, i pissed my neighbors off with the old LS hatch....Open header at 2:30 AM. They always give me a dirty look and call the cops for every little thing possible now.

ahh, the sweet sound of..... goddamnit it still leaks a little, but it's much MUCH better now.

gallery_28741_116_39998.jpg

Nice :thumbsup:, I always feel good after fixin stuff like that. But yeah, my gf's prelude ran like ass with open header. We swapped an h22 in it and drove it to the muffler shop...the damn thing was WAY louder than my b20vtec open header and lost massive power.

thats a good idea now that i think of it. JB weld the bitch to fit the leaks

It wasn't JB the first temp fix though.

Back