the beater quest

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

now that you're a homeowner i'm curious why you aren't considering a truck?

Thats a really good point... I dont know what I would do without my Tacoma. I sold my 97 GS-T Spyder to buy my Truck...

80216254_l.jpg

turbo.jpg

Mine was the closest clipse...

Last edited:
i hate trucks. i hate everything about them. driving them, parking them, wasting gas in them, blah. they do nothing for me.

if i need a truck THAT bad, i got plenty of friends who have them that I can borrow, including my old man.

driving 100 miles a day in a truck... i'd rather kill myself i think. not my idea of a fun commute flapping arounf the highway in a vehicle looser than taylor rain's ass

buying used cars in your price range sucks, i know because im doing the same and i cant find shit down here in pa either, everything is either beat to shit, no fun to drive, or you find what you want but they want and arm and a leg because its not torn up

if i could find one, i would have bought one years ago. i've NEVER seen one for sale. ever.

i'm not really planning to sell it though, thats the problem. i'm looking for a perm. second car.

that's what i meant. i know it's about 1500 more than you are looking to spend, but you will be happy with it. you don't have to resell it, just suck it up for now and have something you are happy with. odds are you will only keep it for 2 years or less anyways. how long have you owned all the cars you've had? as long as i've known you, you have had a quick turnaround.

well, let's see

z24 - 97- 99
del sol 99-05
240 03-04
hatch - 04-05
sti 05-06
m3 06-date

8k is a LOT more than i want to spend. ideally, i want to spend no more than 3-4k.
I can afford to go up to 7 or 8, but i don't want to... i have better things to do with my money...

ha, i was right. the del sol only lasted so long because it was a project car. how much of that time was it actually drivable? i'm not trying to bust your balls b, i just think it would be a good pickup if you could get it for $7. but hey, it's not my money.

for 3-4k, things are going to be pretty limited. at least you don't have to drive the 100 mile trip every day. what have you narrowed down your wish/want list to?

in 1997 I had owned at least 30 cars. I had 12 cars in the corral in 97. Here is my 1997 lineup:

1979 Ford Faimont
1980 Celica Sunchaser parts car
1981 Celica Sunchaser project / coupe (The new Sunchaser)
1981 Celica GTA
1991 Nissan Micra
1987 CRX (Shit, it was silver)
1987 Supra NA
1987 200SX Coupe
1989 Turbo Grand Prix (Red)
1971 Volkswagen Superbeetle
my gf's 1989 MR2 SC

I think not one of them was any good in the snow.

ha, i was right. the del sol only lasted so long because it was a project car. how much of that time was it actually drivable? i'm not trying to bust your balls b, i just think it would be a good pickup if you could get it for $7. but hey, it's not my money.

for 3-4k, things are going to be pretty limited. at least you don't have to drive the 100 mile trip every day. what have you narrowed down your wish/want list to?

i drove the sol from 99 till late 03 when i took it off the road to start the build.

Obviously you aren't the only person who lives up there, what does everyone else up there drive? All suv's and 4wd trucks? By the way, are there any websites that take your car, location, and price requests and make it happen? I would think there's a market for that. The thing I keep thinking here is you probably aren't alone man.

Back