The beginning of BOOM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Top brands?

Umm... Eclipse by Fujitsu-Ten

Empty your wallet,then drive thru :)

And Kicker>JL ...... No comparison.

Alpine :) and Blaupunkt.

ive got an old zapco amp... its still a champ.

JBL/Altec still make some nice products...

Infinity is about the only sub I'd spend money on, nowadays. It's cost efficient and produces quality sound.

I have no say in anything else, because I have 2 blown (then ghettoly repaired) Sony Xplode 12's and I hate them with a passion, I hated them when I got them and I still hate them.

infinitti is good when they work.

jl is good and they work 99% of the time for years.

kicker is loud and hard hitting but kepping them in your car is impossibl (they are usually in shipping and at the factory getting reparied or replaced)

kicker is nice but crap quality...

I have ALWAYS been a DIE HARD JL fan... My buddy had 6 12w0's in a clamshell in his Geo Storm... 153dB powered by a HiFonics Zeus...

Best amp of all times... Orion HCCA D Class.. AKA "The Beast"... Best amp EVER.

Best High end speakers? Focal, Diamond, MB Quart... Best High $$ amps? McIntosh...

Do the pics not work for anybody else?

Orion = Urban Audio = Targa = Pyle.

I do agree, my Orion amp was awesome. Took up the width of my Celica trunk.

Quoted post[/post]]
kicker is nice but crap quality...

I have ALWAYS been a DIE HARD JL fan... My buddy had 6 12w0's in a clamshell in his Geo Storm... 153dB powered by a HiFonics Zeus...

Best amp of all times... Orion HCCA D Class.. AKA "The Beast"... Best amp EVER.

Best High end speakers? Focal, Diamond, MB Quart... Best High $$ amps? McIntosh...

Do the pics not work for anybody else?

tru technologies makes some badass amps. they even make tube amps for car audio.

Quoted post[/post]]
Orion = Urban Audio = Targa = Pyle.

I do agree, my Orion amp was awesome. Took up the width of my Celica trunk.

I'm going to pretend you never compared Orion to PYLE...

And we are STILL waiting for proof of JL = Pyle.

Quoted post[/post]]
Focal, DLS, Diamond, Zapco, Tru tech, Brax, Dynaudio, Morel, Rainbow. Uh..I'm getting tired of naming all of it. Things like Image Dynamics horns and subs. There's just too much stuff.

And let me tell you, JBL = Infinity. That is not a put down or a hand up. Its mid-level stuff. The only exceptional thing JBL has got going for it in car audio are the Crown amps - they are rediculous.

And JL=Pyle...We're still waiting for any kind of proof, but I'll agree they could be manufactured in the same plant in China/Korea. But thats how buildhouses work, companies design a product along with the manufacturer, get a sample, and then fix or move to production. Anyone that thinks JL is "bottom line" is comparing it to Pyle, Roadmaster, wal-mart junk and that's just plain wrong. I bet JL XR series components would make you think twice about your infinities (until you see the price tag :) ). But they are expensive because they have decent build, warranty, and performance.

You guys bitch like girls about car companies and vehicles, and its no different than your bias toward subs and amps.

BTW, I hope to see that box done soon. I plan on upgrading myself this spring. Should be plenty loud.

:werd:

JBL and Infinity are ok, but unless you're buying their top top top of the line stuff, most of it just sounds harsh.

JL components are definitely nice. I'd put XRs into the S2k, but they won't fit- plus the VRs will still sound great in comparison, especially since I have a high noise floor.

As for stuff made in China- I agree 100%. The quality is actually pretty good if you get the right people to make it. Hell, my uncle is in the textile business over in China, and he makes a very large amount of the denim products that come into the US and are sold as premium line clothes. I'm not sure who he supplies now, but he used to have Abercrombie and Union Bay as customers. Made in China for $80 in the mall and everyone snapping things up? Yeah.

Quoted post[/post]]
memphis FTW!

:puke:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Audiobahn FTW!
:bash:
friends don't let friends use audiokhan

:puke: :puke: :puke:

memphis amps are sick dude... i don't know what you're on. 1000d's power just about every big build around here...

Memphis is regional. If you have a good Memphis rep. near good dealers, the shit's in every car out there it seems. Other places, like here in michigan, you dont really see it. The South-East is teeming with it.

Yeah... Memphis is VERY reigonal... I remember in FL... NOBODY had memphis... It was all PPI & Kicker for amps.. And RF back in the day before the star trek amps...

Back