The beginning.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
this was my weekend.
aap.sized.jpg

the rest of the car will come to this change over the winter. :D
the final part will be the turbo kit and suspension when the snow dissapears.

the rest of the gallery

Originally posted by JustinVw@Nov 28 2003, 07:00 PM
Why are you even wasting your money?

Considering Chris started out with a $1500 car, financially what he is doing makes a lot more sense than you owning your car. What are the financial numbers on your vehicle? And the curbweight to hp ratio? His Mirage did great at the last Bristol autocross that he ran. More importantly, Chris is having FUN. Building up this car is an enjoyable hobby for him. I think it's great that he does his research and then does all of this work himself. If he gets stuck, Clayton helps him out mechanically.

I think that we all love our cars on these boards Justin, but clearly everyone has a different relationship going on with each of theirs. Please don't treat Chris like some silly import ricer, because he's not, nor has he ever been. I inherited his Koni reds and ES bushings from his late civic hatchback. The handling on my car is now vastly improved. He does know his performance mods. :)

Peace dude. B)

man that brings back memories of when i had to replace my hood and i got a black one. everyone thought i had cf from far away but when i got up close they just laughed. :) i give you props!

Financially what he is doing makes more sense for him, not for me.

Its still a waste of money in my opinion. For $1500 he could have bought a DSM with alot of miles on it and have had a faster and better handiling AWD monster.

He is dumping this money in a fwd car that frankly isnt going to do anything on any kind of course with a turbo on it as a fwd Mirage.

I'm sure he is doing great in his class, but honestly whats in his class? Geo Metro? :sleep:

Its a waste of freaking money and anyone with any kind of sense would agree with me.

If he wanted to stay wrong wheel drive, he would have been better off with a Civic. Now I am not saying what he is doing wrong, because its not. Everything is right when it pertains to ones personal views. I am just saying its a waste of time.

:)

I admire his intuition... but everyone who is bashing him just STFU. It's his car, he can do what he wants. If he wants to "Waste" his money then let him, maybe one day when he has a 4g63T he will stomp your ass in your 1.6B16T. To each his own.

Originally posted by JustinVw@Nov 29 2003, 03:29 PM
Financially what he is doing makes more sense for him, not for me.

Its still a waste of money in my opinion. For $1500 he could have bought a DSM with alot of miles on it and have had a faster and better handiling AWD monster.

He is dumping this money in a fwd car that frankly isnt going to do anything on any kind of course with a turbo on it as a fwd Mirage.

I'm sure he is doing great in his class, but honestly whats in his class? Geo Metro?  :sleep:

Its a waste of freaking money and anyone with any kind of sense would agree with me.

If he wanted to stay wrong wheel drive, he would have been better off with a Civic. Now I am not saying what he is doing wrong, because its not. Everything is right when it pertains to ones personal views. I am just saying its a waste of time.

this is green92hatchdx...

geo metro? please. im going to be boosting 12lbs in the spring, ive already got 3/4 of the parts.

stock with just a throttlebody and bored intake manifold i can pull on stock b16s. for under 3k total cost (including the car) i can safely put down 230fwhp.

and for the record, i was only 6 seconds behind FTD my last autocross. that isnt bad considering im running a 92hp, 122tq (more than that now) 145k car on blown shocks and original clutch. i had no modifications except for heavy 14' rims and azenis. my car also weighs in just a hair heavier than a 2g crx si.

i bet i could run circles around your gti on the autox track. its not so much about power, its skill. even slow cars prove to be faster than fast cars ocassionally. i have proven this twice now, and in the spring ill be shooting for ftd. ill be handling well with eibach sports and kyb agx's.

just move on, please. :roll:

Integra: ill be staying with 1.5 motor. maybe a mivec head swap in the future (if i can get one from australia). the 63t isnt a fun swap into my car. its more economical into say... a 3g mirage/colt or a 5g mirage. it bolts up to those cars. ive also got the coupe. id be like 75/25 for weight distro.

Originally posted by JustinVw@Nov 29 2003, 03:29 PM

I'm sure he is doing great in his class, but honestly whats in his class? Geo Metro? :sleep:

What makes you so expert? Since when do you autocross? <_<

Now I am not saying what he is doing wrong, because its not. Everything is right when it pertains to ones personal views. I am just saying its a waste of time.

Okay. You say that everyone is right when it comes to their own views, but then immediately you say that the Mirage is a waste of time. You make no sense with that last post. It's not like Chris is trying to sell you or anyone else on buying a car like that and then turbo-ing it. He is just sharing the progress on his project with us. Chris and all of us can accept that we all have different tastes and goals with our cars, so why can't you? :huh:

There was no need at all to put down Chris' car in here, but since your opinion carries no real weight in here, no biggie. But I do wonder, does it make you feel better about yourself to put down other people? So many of your posts are so negative in tone towards others. And it's not like you autocross or even wrench on your own car. Or perhaps you do, but I suspect not. If you did, you would have boasted about your accomplishments on the forums.

I still have yet to see any sort of productive car related post on this board by you. And on ClubSi, you just socialize in OT and your car is all waxed and shiny for the meets. You seem to be all about show and male bonding. And that brotherhood of police badge taped to your windshield looks ridiculous... in my opinion. What is that good for? Protection from car thieves? We all know what it's not good for. lol. And of course I already know you don't care for what I think. :roll:

Justin, I dub thee an annoying troll.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Nov 29 2003, 06:52 PM

I still have yet to see any sort of productive car related post on this board by you. And on ClubSi, you just socialize in OT and your car is all waxed and shiny for the meets.

And that brotherhood of police badge taped to your windshield looks ridiculous... in my opinion. What is that good for?

Justin, I dub thee an annoying troll.

Lets see... 3 words come to mind... POT. KETTLE. BLACK.

And as far as a brotherhood of police badge goes, IT SHOWS SUPPORT FOR YOUR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT! Its called support! Respect! Same reason that if I recall, Justin also rocks Semper Fi on his vehicle. (Not sure)

And as far as Justin Being an annoying troll.... I'm not goin there :roll: :roll:

Fine. Do a search for all of my posts and read them. I feel mine are about average in quality for this forum, and then search and read all of what Justin has ever posted in here. In this section, I've tried to keep a community spirit going on. In Members Lounge, I think that for the most part, while I've had my fun, I've been helpful to the other people in here. On the other hand, I really don't see how Justin has contributed to this board in any way. From some of his old posts in here, some actually felt that Justin was being threatening to me at one point. *shrug* If you think me a troll, well so be it. I am what I am. I never was into popularity contests. I am not into herd mentality either. So if I don't get along with everyone in the NE, oh well it's okay. I'd rather have a few really good quality friends, than a lot of superficial ones. We can pick our friends but not our families or neighbors. I consider Justin a neighbor that I have to live near, but I guess that it's best to just avoid. He gets to be himself (and is accepted), and I choose the same privilege. In this thread, I just was deciding to defend Chris' choice of car project.

As to that police badge, just because I don't have one, doesn't mean that I don't support the law enforcement in my area. Never do I ever refer to them as "pigs" or "po-po's" either. I am also supportive and appreciative of all our men and women in the military forces. However again I prefer a more understated approach. I'm not sure why people being louder, or having flag stickers stuck everywhere or tying yellow ribbons on trees are seen as being more supportive of our police, military or our country. Forgive me for choosing substance and real actions over show. I have many friends of all ages who have served time in the military. They don't speak of it much, but I know that they gave it their all. One woman, who was in the army, later on became a licensed counselor and worked with Vietnam vets. I respect them much more than anyone who needs to boast about his time in the service. Most saw being in the military as a character building passage into adulthood. They see themselves as being shaped by their service and getting opportunities they otherwise wouldn't have gotten. But their perspective is that being in the service doesn't make themselves more patriotic or even better than anyone else. Their past military service is just one small part of the big picture that is them.

In the future, I will just ignore Justin's remarks for the most part. I don't think that anything said in this thread by anyone was that inflammatory though...

And btw, I have been impressed by your technical knowledge, you also write well. I never saw this side of you before on the boards.

Skill?? What skills do you have? You have been in more accidents in the period of several months then most people are in 10 years. lol

Martine, its funny how only YOU can turn a simple discussion into a whole thing.

You really are a crazy bitch. God you are funny.

"wah wah some people even thought he was threating me. wah wah wah"

rofl rofl lmao.

I still have yet to see any sort of productive car related post on this board by you. And on ClubSi, you just socialize in OT and your car is all waxed and shiny for the meets. You seem to be all about show and male bonding. And that brotherhood of police badge taped to your windshield looks ridiculous... in my opinion. What is that good for? Protection from car thieves? We all know what it's not good for. lol. And of course I already know you don't care for what I think.

Can anyone tell me what in the hell does this have to do with anything. Martine, you are a joke. Everyone laughs at you when you go off on your little tangents. You make no sense. The only person who has your back is the kid who thinks skills is flipping cars. :sleep:

Booooring.

I love Noah. :worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back