The best cheap turbo manifold for h22s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

raidmax

My turbo manifold is cracked and I'm looking to get a new one. I know I should spend alot and get a good manifold... but what is the best, cheap manifold? I was looking on ebay and found a few different designs.

This is one like I have installed on my car

honda2.gif

... and it has alot of cracks in it. I've had it tig welded a few times to patch the holes, but it keeps cracking.

Here are the ones I found on ebay.

This one looks like the RevHard "Log Style" manifold.
log1.jpg

hp92.jpg

8d2.gif

The OBX H22 Turbo Manifold:
obx2.gif

Does anyone have these manifolds? I dont want to buy another manifold that is going to crack like my XSPower manifold.

Thanks,
David

my h22a log will put all those choices to shame for abotu the same price, and i have a lifetime warrenty. pm me if your interrested.

Please help! I have $$$ in hand and waiting to buy.

What do you guys think would be the best cheap manifold for the h22a?

I can get

8d2.gif

on ebay for $145 shipped ! Or should I go with the "log style" manifold that looks like the RevHard. I'm just scared the $145 one will crack like my XSPower manifold......

Last edited:
my h22a log will put all those choices to shame for abotu the same price, and i have a lifetime warrenty. pm me if your interrested.

I've sent u some emails and PMs..... I need some pics of the manifold and the total cost. Item will be shipped to West Virginia 25827.

Let me know... Is there a wait? cuz I need one quick!

Thanks,
David

I've been googling all night and found this:

I'm leaning towards the cast iron... log style manifold

log1.jpg

But I read this post @ Welcome to Team Integra! - Team Integra

Code:
[U]Cast Iron[/U]
Arguably the easiest material for mass production, when produced in volume cast iron makes a good deal of sense. However, due to the necessity of molds for its production, it is not appropriate for both custom applications and complex designs. [B]Unfortunately, due to its high temperature properties, it has a tendency to crack after continuous (street) use.[/B]

So... I found another manifold
hp92.jpg

This manifold has SUS321 stainless steel, which is the same grade steel used for the cracked XSPower manifold I have now.

I'm stuck! and confused.... :confused:

The fact that most OEM manifolds are log cast iron should give you some indication of it's wear properties. In fact, for longevity I would take a cast iron log manifold over a tubular any day of the week--with tubulars you really do get what you pay for.

thanks for all the help.... I just ordered this log manifold

logman1.gif

Its made from cast iron..... I hope it's better than the XSPower manifold and will not crack! I'll let u guys know how everything goes! ;)

Thanks,
David

Back