The best part about being single.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
I was able to book a trip for Vegas on a moments notice. I didn't even have to look at my bank account...I was just able to say yes. It's kind of a liberating feeling.

you going to get a flapper?

i'll be there next month. work trip. i don't have to look at my bank account, i was just able to say yes :)

I remember when I had tons of cash extra to do whatever I wanted with. Then I bought a 'fixxer upper' house.

It's kind of a like a girlfriend or a wife, without the added perks.

See that to me would be a lot of fun James. But I am an aspiring carpenter and I can fix almost anything.

I'm going to vegas sunday through wednesday next week actually. Where you staying?

A buddy of mine is getting the hotel thing together. I know he likes to stay at the fancier places, so we'll see.

And chris, I have no idea wtf a flapper is (besides the dancers...and if that's what you're talking about...probably not)

See that to me would be a lot of fun James. But I am an aspiring carpenter and I can fix almost anything.

I'm going to vegas sunday through wednesday next week actually. Where you staying?

Oh I'm having fun, but I've spent a ton at the hardware store over the past two months, and i have two electrical issues right now that I'm not a fan of trying to figure out. lol

I was able to book a trip for Vegas on a moments notice. I didn't even have to look at my bank account...I was just able to say yes. It's kind of a liberating feeling.
I fail to see how a relationship would stop this? In my experience it's usually been the girl who wants to go away with out financial care and me wondering what I have to sacrifice this month to afford it.

I think that depends on the relationship, or moreso, the people in it. I was always the one to be like fuck it, lets do it. Now that im newly single Im wishing i didnt already burn so much time off this year.

I fail to see how a relationship would stop this? In my experience it's usually been the girl who wants to go away with out financial care and me wondering what I have to sacrifice this month to afford it.
Cause I know I have the money because someone else isn't spending it all. I have a savings account that actually has money in it and doesn't get emptied out every week for frivolous shit.

Sounds like these are the type of relationships that you should be rejoicing about no longer being in, to be punished for eternity.

Cause I know I have the money because someone else isn't spending it all. I have a savings account that actually has money in it and doesn't get emptied out every week for frivolous shit.

sounds like you just need to be better at choosing a woman. nothing to do with being single, you just have bad taste apparently.

Am I the only one who's ever been married with a joint checking account?

im married with joint accounts.

shes just as cheap as i am. if not cheaper.
now that im the only source of income, she does even better.
never had to worry about money being spent on random shit

That works great in theory until you get tons of phone calls interrupting the flow of your work every day...

we both know what can be spent on what. theres no need for constant calling and talking about it.
theres a lot of common sense involved with the spending choices we make. but anything large we will talk about mainly bc we spend the time debating to ourselves whether we really want/need it.

Back