The best part about being single.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

before the kid I used to come after work on a tuesday and say oh by the way im taking the rest of the week off and ill see you on sunday lol she never gave a shit because thats how I was the entire time we have been together. we have a joint account but i still have my own account and will never let her know what I have in it :ph34r: have fun in vegas!

We have our own checking accounts where our money gets deposited and from there it gets moved mostly to our savings at ING direct... Now capital one 360 grrrr...

If I want something I buy it. If she wants something she buys it. If it's a big ticket item we will normally talk about if we need it or not but $500 or under meh. Whatever. As long as we have money going into the savings monthly I could care less.

Our savings is a joint account we can both pull funds or add funds. Both normal savings and a business savings for one day starting something. I trust my wife, If she wanted to she could go buy a brand new GTR in cash... But I trust her ;)

before the kid I used to come after work on a tuesday and say oh by the way im taking the rest of the week off and ill see you on sunday lol she never gave a shit because thats how I was the entire time we have been together. we have a joint account but i still have my own account and will never let her know what I have in it :ph34r: have fun in vegas!

Word. Seems like you have a great balance going.

B giving marital advice? Oh the irony. :p

We have separate accounts. My only problem would be her jealousy because she wouldn't be able to go. :)

We have our own checking accounts where our money gets deposited and from there it gets moved mostly to our savings at ING direct... Now capital one 360 grrrr...

If I want something I buy it. If she wants something she buys it. If it's a big ticket item we will normally talk about if we need it or not but $500 or under meh. Whatever. As long as we have money going into the savings monthly I could care less.

Our savings is a joint account we can both pull funds or add funds. Both normal savings and a business savings for one day starting something. I trust my wife, If she wanted to she could go buy a brand new GTR in cash... But I trust her ;)

This is pretty much my situation. I got married in may, but we have been together for 10 years. She doesn't want me touching her money anymore than I want her touching mine. We split savings and I have a retirement and IRA account of my own. That being said she would be pissed if I just took off to vegas. It would be half jealousy (because she could not go) and half anger (because I would not want her to go).

That being said, congratulations on your freedom and have fun.

Back