the better engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you mean the 200sx well i hope i will like it im still bolting all the new stuff to the motor thats on the motor stand but i think i will love it i love the ole ugly thing you dont see many of them it was the first car with the silvia name in japan so im kinda attached to it, but it was suuper ahead of its time for 1985 it cost 18,716 bucks way back then and has a shit load of stuff. stock alram stock rain sensors in the windshield its crazy what all this car has for a 85 modle lol

we had to drill a hole for the oil line in the ls mwill i be able to use my oil pan or do the same for the crv motor?

and with the crvtec i will be able to out run a ls/vtec with the same mods as me (saying the drives are the same)

yea you should kill him with your setup theres nothing hard about the swap because you already have everything you can get a crv motor for like 650 bucks and thats all you need you already have every thing else, and you will gain speed faster because you have a b16 tranny

do you have any dyno specs for the two swap? i have been looking all day and can not find any thing.also would it be a good idea to put a gsr head on a b16 or the b16 head is better?

the reason i asked about the gsr head is i found a good one for only 250 and i was thinking may be put it on my b16

i was looking at some vids on you tube (i know not a good source of info)and alot of crvtec wer only like 180whp with 138wtq do you think that is close?

what would it be for the ls/vtec? 180whp is not that good when i got my car it had a dyno sheet from the guy that owned the car befor me and it said that my car is pushing 168whp and 119tq and thats a b16. 11more hp and almost 20 more tq,is it worth the price of a swap? i can take my friend in his ls/vtec and if im only going to be able to take him a little more for a couple of grand would you do the swap?

well me i would just boost what you have,if your gona do a swap if it was me i would do the crv/vtec or h22a. or the k but the k series is so high right now.

i was told that if i went boost that i would be pushing like 210whp and 156wtq at 6psi with no inner cooler or chip. is that close? if i did boost would i have to chip or get a piggey back? or could i just slap it on and go? i know i need it tuned but i will do that like a week or two after i put on. so do you think i could drive it around untill i do get it tuned,will i have any probs? i know it will not run the best. how much will it cost to boost my b16? and be sides the header will i be able to use all my performance parts? and what will i need to do this?

Back