The Boosted F-Series 1F-edUpFirstGen

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dude....Picture of elanor has me in tears....

18-Wheeler DESTROYED mine on Rt. 1&9....have NOT been able to find another one since....

*Goes into a corner and sobs*..Oh elanor....

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiss your money and engine building days goodbye. lol I separated from my wife for the past year and finally have another engine build yet I am still helping her with bills and buying her cars and what not. Being single is probably the greatest thing in the world but when you are single you don't want to be. Friends with benefits seems like the best way to go these days unless you get too attached. Idk Maybe I am a Dick as well.

you're also 23. i wouldnt help her with SHIT son.

well i didnt get anywhere on the motor today. had way to much stuff to do at the shop, but im diggin my new set up atleast :)

wednesday will be some progress since i dont work tuesdays. :D

I'd like to do something like this eventually. Even without the turbo. Reliable ass motor+uncommon shell=Fun DD

Well no.... not totally. But it wont be a garage queen thats for sure. it will get street driven time after time again. It will be driven to every car show it attends. But i wont drive it in the winter months, nor everday. it wont be practical enough for 365 days a year driving.

Machine work starts on the head and block tomorow!

got the block work done. Its getting a make over right now as we speak.. speaking of which i need to go check on it to make sure its not on fire haha.

We'llllllll.....
Im not very happy with the final result. It looked super good when i laid the powder, but after it flowed out it freaking turned purple.... and i have NO idea why. i tried again on the turbo with a base coat thinking maybe it needed one, and again... purple... it was supose to be this bright candy ass pink! it looked amazing. But it failed. I guess thats what i get for not testing a new color i havnt used yet.
So i havnt decided if im just going to deal with it yet, or throw some something else. Ill probably change since i dont really like it. but for now... i guess it will do. Its kinda neat in teh sun, it sure has a lot of sparkle too it. ( that doesnt show up in the pictures)
Anyways, here we go.
Cleaned block
l_30c1d8b0a896480f95f5c0eefacb1735.jpg

While i was waiting for the block to get prepped for powder (letting it heat up to temp)
i went to work on the oil pan. I figured since its just going to get scratched and beat to shit anyways... i was going to put a lot of time, money or effort into it. So i didnt even blast it/clean it or anything. which is a big no no, because it made the powder bubble some haha. but thats okay. in a week of driving its going to be scratched to shit anyways!!
Before:
l_1dc4e04ef2b14f3a91eb8ca3efdc661b.jpg

Finished in Mirror Black, that bubbled on teh bottom haha.
l_84ebe0294f1b49daa10fc8bb94400d58.jpg

heres the dry powder... when i was SUPER excited about it....
l_270c84ea45554d0aa3a39f972109ab7b.jpg

The dark spots are just shadows from teh fence.
l_51ce7aa866f149a38b8112147054050f.jpg

Fresh bore and hone nexxtt!
l_0218f3d6576b4f8482ff0e4071d8e85d.jpg

l_a58e43a8fcbf4df9af9cda8a5903a47f.jpg

l_19264af2482f4c36be8d636f534f1bdd.jpg

and of coures the turbo all finished :D
l_13c9d20bc8a644a08fd83fda399e7927.jpg

So the more i look at the pictures, the more positive im going to redo it lmao. im just not feeling the purple at all....
I guess this update will happen all over again after xmas.
YAY For 4 day weekends :D

That purple is killer. What brand and color code is it? I would like to get some so I can have a local powder coater do up some parts when I rebuild my motor. Or for that matter what would you charge to do something like that? I suppose it might be worth an 8 hour drive to get something like that done.

Back