The Budget Plan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 10 2003, 05:34 PM
at WOT, the honda ecu is in open loop, using set fuel maps
and timing maps. So the timing at WOT is going to be the same if using a stock honda non-turbo, afc hack, or a fmu setup. The only time timing will become an issue with the afc hack is at part thorttle and low rpm and in boost. and thats where the btm comes in.

Hmmmm, ive just been told high compression and boost can cause detination.... and that retarding timeing helps get rid of that.... i would like to run around 8 psi with the stock b16a c/r....... depending on where the 14b spools, (hopefully not before 4k rpm's) i doubt i'll ever be in boost while just piddling around town....

is it worth it? if i can get it at a cheap price.....

a 14b on a b16 will spool LONG before 4000 dude. that thign is tiny. you will have a couple pounds at at least 2500-2800.

high compression and boost doesn't lead to detonation. poor tuning, lack of adequet (sp?) fuel, and heat does.
high compression just tends to make a lot more heat, and thus, n00bs say it means detonation. 10.4:1 is not HIGH... but its more than I would run on an FMU.

the btm is cheap... its like 70 bucks or something... might as well get it

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 11 2003, 02:04 AM
a 14b on a b16 will spool LONG before 4000 dude. that thign is tiny. you will have a couple pounds at at least 2500-2800.

high compression and boost doesn't lead to detonation. poor tuning, lack of adequet (sp?) fuel, and heat does.
high compression just tends to make a lot more heat, and thus, n00bs say it means detonation. 10.4:1 is not HIGH... but its more than I would run on an FMU.

the btm is cheap... its like 70 bucks or something... might as well get it

thanks for the insight, i forgot to mention altitude comes into play as well......

so if anything, its a saftey measure.....

Back