The Celerity Rat Rod Epiphany

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey at least its flat black, thats gettin close. Now it just needs to be about 40 years older and have 4 inches of chop. Oh and you cant forget the white pin striping on the hood and deck lid. :)

Id believe that, I think it looks pretty badass. If I didnt have so many Honda parts on my garage floor Id prally try buildin one of those lol.

use that CRX body you have for the body of the car. cut the front end off, chop the top a few inches, use that Cosworth motor to power it and build a custom frame. oh and get some Coker (sp?) wide whites and air bags. id also have a 4-link too.

use that CRX body you have for the body of the car. cut the front end off, chop the top a few inches, use that Cosworth motor to power it and build a custom frame. oh and get some Coker (sp?) wide whites and air bags. id also have a 4-link too.

Close. The floor is still sitting there, sized up for the transmission and the engine BARELY clears the front bumper skin and firewall. I have to tip the cossie down at a 22 degree angle to clear the hood, which helps the transmission fit the tunnel. The steering rack needs dropped 4 inches, and may be the lowest point of the car.

Still figuring what to do for wheels and hubs though. But as far as body, the perfect body is the only thing my CRX has going for it now.

I'm being pushed to build a hearse. And you know by who :)

Steve, I saw one of those in Old Lyme on Monday near the Lyons club car show. It was definetly a cool thing. I didn't get any pics of it, but my gf's father might have. I think his son said they owned 2 of them.

Yeah, I think I know the people. They have other things, like amphibious cars and the like. It's up in that area.

I saw another restored half track on Rt10 in Cheshire too.

Cel...cut the ENTIRE front end off. DONT use fenders and DONT use a hood. you wont need any of that crap. i have ALOT of ideas man on doing one. lemme know if you need some.

Cel...cut the ENTIRE front end off. DONT use fenders and DONT use a hood. you wont need any of that crap. i have ALOT of ideas man on doing one. lemme know if you need some.

Of the CRX ? I don't wanna make a rat rod of that car. That's my high tech car.

The rat rod project is likely going to continue the path: I hit up swap meets and flea markets, finding bits here and there, and building up the parts. Until I have "project money" (Funds outside of keeping my house) then it's all just mental masturbation anyway.

Back