The Citizen goes AutoXing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

Edit - The last two days I've been racing here with the mnautox club. The first day I ran in SI, the "Special Interest" class (we're non SCCA, although we use their rules). However, I won the class :mrgreen: so I got kicked out (you can only get 1st once) so I got bumped up to SM2 :cry: . Today, running in SM2, I got killed, but I was on street tires and racing against guys that had been doing it for 10+ years (on r-comps). The top guy in SM2 up here is even the club president and he drives a red Opel GT thats fast as shit! Here are some more sweet pics from today:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/citizen_insan...57594128467173/

Yesterday, Sunday, I went out for my 1st autoX event and had a blast! I started by running 37.5 sec runs in the 1st heat (2 runs) and then ran two 35.5 sec runs in the second heat (and then got dq'd for missing a gate on the last single run heat :dry: ). I'm was actually pretty impressed with how the CRX ran. I was definatly the fastest n00b there and I almost beat the other SM2 guy who was running an 80's MR2. Overall I met some cool folks, saw some pretty sweet cars, and had a lot of fun, I recomend everyone go out and try it sometime. I plan on continuing the season up here in Minnesota with the Minnesota Autosports Club (mnautox.com for those interested).

And now for some pics:

The CRX all revved up and ready to go!
118603222_27fb1604de.jpg

Here you can see the Cameros that sucked it up hardcore and the Yellow Type R (that didn't suck it up :) ):
118602899_e4d46be5a3.jpg

Here's a modified Sprite and the MR2 I almost beat in SM2:
118604304_51a06b94e0.jpg

oh yeah, if you want to see more pics click here

Sweet ! I would rock an MR2 in the future if one presented itself.

Also, when did you go to India ? Is that album yours ?

Yeah, I completely forgot to post after I went, but it was over winter break for a little over two weeks. Just me and my buddies Tushar and Matt went (we stayed with Tushar's family over there). It was the shit.

lol, that pic was from saturday, he didn't show up again today. He was really slow. Not that he couldn't have been fast, there was a corvette that was spanking me pretty hard today (and usually I constider corvettes shitty autox cars).

Quoted post[/post]]
lol, that pic was from saturday, he didn't show up again today. He was really slow. Not that he couldn't have been fast, there was a corvette that was spanking me pretty hard today (and usually I constider corvettes shitty autox cars).

corvette's are really nice autox cars.

They're ok, but they're a bit large. The only reason they did well at the last event was because it was a very large and high speed course. At all the small ones I've been to, I womp on the corvettes hardcore (even the ones driven by guys that definatly know how to drive). Even last weekend I was only running about .6 sec behind the fastest corvette (and the rest were slower than me).

Your pretty close to me. My friend is real prominent in the Auto-X's. He has a Blue Turbo'd Miata that he takes everywhere. Ever ran up against him?

I've never personally run against him, but I have seen a blue miata that was either super or turbocharged at one of the events. Does he have a whale-tail type spoiler on the back?

Back