the civic is running :D

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

most of you know that my civics cx motor went to shit a week and a half ago so i decided to swap in the motor i got with my tranny i bought from sean john this past summer. well is swapped it easy as shit but it turned out the motor had bad cr( we should of checked it before we swapped it in :( ) so we took it out and then we popped the head off my cx motor an saw that there was four valve relifes so we went out and bought a new head gasket and and valve seals and then we popped the head off the dx motor cleaned it up and poped the mother fucker on my cx motor bolted up and put the tranny back on and i took off for home so i can work in the morning. so this morning my friend tom dropped it in and finished it up so the cx beast is now running :D it is running on the cx ecu but after work it will be running with the dx ecu :D everything seems to be fine with the motor and working well so i will tell you all if anything goes wrong :D

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Feb 4 2004, 10:34 PM
sounds like a big mess of shit dont it

Hell yea it does, good job :thumbsup:

the d15b8 aka the cx motor has teh same bottom end as the d15b7 aka the dx/lx motor for the 5th gens. there is a few cx motors that wont work out like due to the fact of the pistons. i should of took pics but i dont have camera phone

it could get in to the 15's with what i have

i have other items that can help add a little kick

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Feb 5 2004, 11:43 AM
i have other items that can help add a little kick

with my car, i'd be lucky to hit low 15's.. i've got 35-50 mopre hp then you do as well.

their is loads of d15's and and non vtec d16's that that run 15's with a the same amount as mods as i do

Back