the Crocidle hunter is dead!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

holy shit that is crazy. he did some crazy shit but I never thought he would die. That is really sad I feel bad for his wife and kids.

damn.. that sux... it was bound to happen sooner or later, hes one crazy mofo

Yah i heard about this early in the evening and i didnt believe it cause one article said he was dead another said he was just stung by the sting ray. But now i do cause it was on the news.

RIP

Just watched in on the news this morning... RIP

Wow, thats sad.. but he was all washed up after that child incident anyway.. his career had already fizzled out.

Still liked him though. :rip_1:

Last edited:
I dont know if it was a death wish. He generally seemed to be getting much more out of life than most people.

Definatly loved watching his passion for wildlife and its' preservation.

shows you can only play with things that are meant to kill you so long until they do...

and yea, he was all washed up since that baby incident... idiot... who takes thier baby kid out there...

still. RIP

I hate to dig out the details, but how exactly did he die? It says he was stabbed through the chest and poisoned by a stingray...

So, was he lanced by its tail? Or did it sting his chest and the media blew it all out of proportion?

*Edit*
Nevermind, the blog covered it...

After reviewing the footage of the incident and speaking to the cameraman who recorded it, cameraman and spearfisherman Ben Cropp speculated that the stingray "felt threatened because Steve was alongside and there was the cameraman ahead..." In such a case, the animal responds by automatically flexing the serrated barb on its tail, which is up to 30 centimeters (roughly 12 inches) in length, upward. In this case, the motion struck Irwin's chest and pierced his heart. Crewmembers aboard his boat called emergency services in the nearest city and administered CPR as they rushed the boat to nearby Low Isle to meet a rescue helicopter. Medical staff pronounced Irwin dead when they arrived a short time later.

Last edited:
Back