The Dark Knight rises

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

$30 movie tickets?! Where the hell are you watching movies? Everything twice as expensive in CT?

Well I guess it is almost double then. IMAX 3D is around 15 here. And not at a run down shitty theatre either.

Well I guess it is almost double then. IMAX 3D is around 15 here. And not at a run down shitty theatre either.

:werd:

That's ridiculous! IMAX 3D is like $14-$15 here. Regular 3D is $12-$13, and regular evening tickets are $10. And all of this is in very nice, new theaters. Shit, I can go to matiness for brand new movies for $5 still...

shows before noon (ie, the 1130 airing) is $6 weekdays.

and they wonder why they have the lowest turn out in years....

2 tickets is $50 for 2 people. move that to a family of 4, and it's a $100 expense. Or, enough to buy it on blu ray 4 times over in 2 months.....

Right. That's horrible. I felt bad getting out of there at $30 for 2 people.

shows before noon (ie, the 1130 airing) is $6 weekdays.

and they wonder why they have the lowest turn out in years....

2 tickets is $50 for 2 people. move that to a family of 4, and it's a $100 expense. Or, enough to buy it on blu ray 4 times over in 2 months.....

Wow, that's straight up butt rape. Here I can go to $5 shows all the way up until 5pm...

Seeing it in IMAX (non 3D) Saturday night. So excited. Lots of good reviews out, but I'm scared to read them in case they let out too many details.

So, tragic shooting aside, did anyone see the movie? If so, thoughts?

I was actually a bit disappointed...

I just saw it a couple hours ago. I liked it. Good ending?

I actually felt like it kinda sucked. Lots of plot holes, and lots of cliches IMO. Definitely not as good as I hoped.

Also, (highlight to read)there's no fucking way he could have gotten away from the nuke blast fast enough to survive. They said the blast radius of the bomb was six miles. It showed him in cockpit as he was flying out to the bay, literally seconds before it exploded. At what point did he supposedly bail and let auto-pilot take over? I know, it's a movie, and it's supposed to be tense and dramatic and we're supposed to think for a minute that he died, but that was just asking too much IMO...

Last edited by a moderator:
See I thought that too but came up with two possible ways. 1. The batwing almost always had the ability to turn into a boat/submarine. He could have dumped out in a pod much like the tumbler broke off into the motorcycle. In Batman world, It's not unlikely. 2. That was just Alfred's own wishful thinking or he'd gone crazy or something. I think the former is more likely though.

So you think they're going to do Robin movies now? I think Nolan could be the one to pull it off without it being gay as Fuck.

Yeah, I don't think it was Alfred's dream either. He was absent for most of the movie, so he wouldn't know about the history between Bruce and Selina. It wouldn't make any sense for him to imagine Bruce at the cafe with her. Also, Bruce left hints for Gordon and Fox that he was alive and left that bag for John Blake. I think it's pretty clear that he survived.

And I think Nolan said that he's done with Batman after this, so I doubt we'll see any Robin sequels from him. Either way, I think Blake would become Batman and not Robin. Naming the character Robin was just fan-service; the comic book Robins were never actually named that. But yeah, I suppose some other director could come in and try to make more sequels.

There were a few other things I didn't like either, like how Bane turned out to be Talia's henchman in the end, and then once that was revealed, he was dead and forgotten about five minutes later. Also didn't like how Batman just sat there after getting stabbed and listened to her explain her back-story and master plan. It was such a typical Hollywood superhero moment. The ending too I thought was very typical Hollywood and very cliche'd.

I dunno, I didn't hate it. It entertained me. I guess I just felt like it didn't live up to The Dark Knight...

Back