The Davinci Code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smarty009

Anyone seen this movie yet? i saw it the other day...i enjoyed the movie...thought it was pretty good...and educational...cuz i had no idea what it was all about before goin into it...pretty interesting theories some people have...lol

i got bored.... i didin't put in disc 2 or 3. 1 bored me to death.

and don't ask where i got the discs :p

Ive been told that the book is better, but i wont take the time to read it. My parents told me the movie was good, but nothing great.. not like a blockbuster movie of the decade deal, but it was good.

i thought that this movie was suppose to be a HUGE deal or something

yea...ive heard the book is better as well...but books are usually better anyways...they can get into more details on things...lol...

i wouldnt say it was a blockbuster...but i still thought it was pretty good...cuz i was actually interesting in knowing about it

the book is MUCH better.

if you like a good story, but long drawn out plot lines (like national treasure)

the da vinchi code is for you.

definitely a rental movie. the book was about 1000x better.

I came out of the theatre very frustrated.

I read the book a couple times, and the movie was just too subpar. I feel the actors didn't do a good job, and kind of just walked through the movie, and there wasn't any rising action/cognitive development to their ideas on how to solve stuff.

yeah, i think it might have been better if they had tom hanks narrorating through the movie to get his thoughts. it felt too slow for me considering i didnt put the book down for 2 days.

yea i'm with you man.. i read the book like straight through... and i dont generally read non-educational books.

the movie was mediocre at best.

its not all that long, and once you start it seems even shorter because it keeps you wanting to see what happens next

Quoted post[/post]]
i thought that this movie was suppose to be a HUGE deal or something
The movie itself isn't the huge deal, its the topics discussed. It questions everything the church stands for. The book is historical fiction, and many christains think that it is more then that.

I also agree the book was better because it explained alot more of the think processes, topics ect. Things like Phi, ect.

Also, in the book, the code for the bank was the febancii sequence (sp on both lol). The was, at first they typed in the number in the photo of the crime scene but didn't press enter. They then decided, the account number was too random to remember off the top of your head and would have to be something with more order but at the same time 1123581321 when put all together looks extremely random but at the same time it had meaning to sonquie (sp?), so they deleted the orginal one then put the febancii sequence in.

Holy shit, I hope some of you read real books. I flipped through Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress" about NSA and code breaking ****WARNING-SPOILER**** (in the truest sense)

I would have had more fun blowing my brains all over my mother's gravestone than reading one "chapter" of that book.

It's like someone beat the ever-loving shit out of Micheal Crichton and forced him to write whatever his now-retarted mind could conjure up.

By the way, I just finished "Fear and Loathing: Campain Trail '72". Good stuff.

Retarded

and yeah, his two church books rocked...digital fortress kinda sucked. Hes like clancy. Without Jack Ryan clancy sucks. Without Langdon Dan Brown is lost.

Quoted post[/post]]

The movie itself isn't the huge deal, its the topics discussed. It questions everything the church stands for. The book is historical fiction, and many christains think that it is more then that.

I'm glad someone thinks the same way I do about this. The catholic church got way too butt hurt about this. Why fret when someone is coming against you with fiction? Brown even states that in the book. Some people will believe any rumor that comes, without doing any homework to back up their beliefs. This is true for Christians and non-Christians alike. If you believe something, make sure you know why, and not just because you heard it from someone else and it just sounds good. People like that are what I call lemmings.

I'm gonna go see the DaVinci Code because I enjoyed the book. I realize that the movie won't be as good as the book. They never are...except X-men; the comics rocked, and then the movies rocked just as hard. But it is what it is - fiction. Enjoy it, because it was made to be enjoyed. DaVinci code is compared to National treasure, because they both talk about the knights Templar. However they come with two different stories of why the knights existed. I thought Nat'l treasure was good, but I like Nicolas Cage, so that helped.

Nicholas Cage is gonna be the Ghost Rider....MWHAHAHAHA. I cant wait.

N E Way....back to davinci code.

There are a few true facts. Uhh, there is no cup on the table in the last supper. UMMMM, oh Christmas' date was a pagan unification. The feast of Isis was heald on Dec 25th and thats where the date came from.

Oh, a lot of the practices of Opus Die are true. But very few of them are as radical Silas.

Quoted post[/post]]
Nicholas Cage is gonna be the Ghost Rider....MWHAHAHAHA. I cant wait.

N E Way....back to davinci code.

There are a few true facts. Uhh, there is no cup on the table in the last supper. UMMMM, oh Christmas' date was a pagan unification. The feast of Isis was heald on Dec 25th and thats where the date came from.

Oh, a lot of the practices of Opus Die are true. But very few of them are as radical Silas.
true... I never really cared to much for the whole holy grail story anyway. It's not relevant to salvation; nor are any of the 'sacred relics' that the catholic church clings to so tightly. I'm protestant, so the bible is enough for me to holdf on to. Obviously, I study more than just the bible, but things like the Shroud of Turin, Holy Grail, and the Holy mother Mary are not important to me. The bible itself says not to make any idol for yourself, so why have sacred relics and things of that nature? The catholic church has gone astray in a lot of places, but the one thing they do emphasize well is the deity of Jesus Christ. There is too much religion in Catholicism for me, a nd the fact that you pray to mary or confess to a priest detracts from the real relationship with Jesus that you can have.

The thing about Christmas, I am pretty sure that Jesus' birth was placed on dec 25, because the Catholic church wanted to do away with the pagan holiday, and rather make it a time for worship instead. I haven't done my homework, but roman events were well documented, and the fact that an empire-wide census was taken by augustus when Jesus was born would make it fairly easy to get an idea of when he was born, but imo is purely speculation and nonimportant datewise, it is there like all other holidays, to observe something of significance, whether it be Jesus birth, our independence day, memorial of lost soldiers...most dates aren't critically important except to those who think the day is more important than the actual event that took place. Religiosity vs. Relationship. anyway, I am ramblin.

Back