The Death Mobile

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

I've been in a mood lately. Unfortunately, George7777 has a front row seat to the moral downturn of Celerity. I've had a few choices of cars to use this winter, but my depression and saddened state of affairs has lead me towards a total dark side of stalking goth chicks and a strange fascination with Mad Max / the KLF.

I wanted another death mobile. I used to have lots of these cars when I was in highschool, when it was a $100 car used for a few months and finally parted with. It was fun.

My life hasn't been enough ... Evil lately :) I was in the mood for something bad-ass, something that would make people run in terror.

And I found it !

Attachments

• 0827080003.jpg
    0827080003.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 349
  • 0827080001.jpg
    0827080001.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 0827080004.jpg
    0827080004.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 0827080002.jpg
    0827080002.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 0827080005.jpg
    0827080005.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 204
That car is fucking sexy.

Maybe junk yard up a black interior, but other than that, don't even wash it. Its perfect.

*edit* Ok.. maybe some tail lights, too.

It'll be getting new primer, because the streaky shit just looks ugly. The interior's bench is getting ripped out, some slapshot shifter in it, black buckets and a mexican blanket on the back seat. The floors will be sheet steel patches with exposed rivets, a few patch panels on the outside with stainless and rivets.

Engine.. not sure . I would like to trade something for a better engine, but this one runs ok and sounds like a cadillac. It's got a 318 in it. If things go well, then I'll look when I get a chance for anything up to a 340 with 4 speed and a blower. But that's WAY off the plan.

The wheels are getting replaced with wider american racing wagon wheels. It has drum brakes on all corners (NothingnothingnothingLOCKUP) and I may see whats under the primer on the chrome.

But yeah, this car is going to be driven until it's absolutely dead. That's what I want out of it. now.... Jolly Roger, SS Divisional markings, or a huge pentagram ?
Oh, and the taillights are going in this weekend. Just plexi / painted whatever. like George7777 says: "If you can't Duck it, Fuck it"

I don't think this is a Sebring: Definately not a Roadrunner. The rear windows have the linkages and tracks to roll down, but they don't ! There is no hole for a roller, no roller, no nothin. But the track is there, and the windows wiggle. A slight mystery. I'll poke a fuckin hole in the carpet and pass around a dagger for people to roll them down.

It has AC though. 727Torqueflite.

"Also easy on your gas budget"

Yes. Yes it is.

1972 Codes:
First digit = car line
B - Plymouth Barracuda ("E" Body)
C - Chrysler All ("C" body)
D - Dodge Polara, Monaco ("C" body)
J - Dodge Challenger ("E" Body)
L - Dodge Dart, Demon ("A" Body)
P - Plymouth Fury ("C" body)
R - Plymouth Satellite, Sebring ("B" body)
V - Plymouth Valiant, Duster, Scamp ("A" body)
W - Dodge Charger, Coronet ("B" body)
Y - Imperial LeBaron ("C" body)

Second digit = Price class
L - Low
M - Medium
H - High
P - Premium
S - Special
K - Police
T - Taxi
G - New York Taxi

Third and fourth digits = body style
21 - 2 door coupe
23 - 2 door hardtop
29 - 2 door sports hardtop
41 - 4 door sedan
43 - 4 door hardtop
45 - 6 passenger station wagon
46 - 9 passenger station wagon

Fifth digit = engine
B - 198 1-1BBL 6 Cylinder "G" engine
C - 225 1-1BBL 6 Cylinder "RG" engine
E - Special Order 6 Cylinder engine
G - 318 1-2BBL 8 Cylinder "LA" engine
H - 340 1-4BBL 8 Cylinder "LA" engine (High Performance)
K - 360 1-2BBL 8 Cylinder "LA" engine
M - 400 1-2BBL 8 Cylinder "B" engine
P - 400 1-4BBL 8 Cylinder "B" engine (High Performance)
T - 440 1-4BBL 8 Cylinder "RB" engine
U - 440 1-4BBL 8 Cylinder "RB" engine (High Performance)
V - 440 3-2BBL 8 Cylinder "RB" engine (High Performance)
Z - Special Order 8 Cylinder engine

Sixth digit = model year
2 - 1972

Seventh Digit = Assembly Plant
A - Lynch Road, Michigan
B - Hamtramck, Michigan
C - Jefferson, Michigan
D - Belvedere, Illinois
F - Newark, Delaware
G - St. Louis, Missouri
R - Windsor, Ontario, Canada
The remaining six digits indicate the sequence number (serial number)

Assuming a 72, anyway

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this one... and I have no idea what you're talking about. Talk to myself ?

It's a 1972 Plymouth Satellite. It MAY be the "Sebring" package, but I'm not convinced. I need to find out more of what Sebring means.

If by "demo derby" you mean "do what I always wanted to do to cagers that piss me off when I'm on the bike" yes.

I'm on it. I have one used cherry bomb, I need another used one for free. I also have rot holes in front of the rear tires, so I was gonna pop the glasspacks out in front of the rear tires.

That car is fucking badass and malevolent. Primer black and some american racing torque thrusts would look amazing

muscle and steel, lovin' it. red (typically undercarriage neon) behind the grill would look evil (probably illegal though)

Last edited:
Back