The Death Mobile

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:no: This should be you inspiration.
url

:edit: Yes its a model but still...

Last edited:
$500. The madmax interceptor (The 79 Falcon) model is a scratch build. That is my plan, but I may do a compromise of the two. Battle damage is just poseur if you do it on purpose.

So just find some park benches/whatever you can find to rub up on for the full effect. Thats how I was telling you to do your exhaust, zoomy style ftw.

Naa, don't fuck up the body, I mean sure, its a rust bucket, but if you decide to flip it into a decent ride one day, it'll be easier if you don't beat the shit out of it.

So, after typing that, what are your thoughts on twin exhaust stacks coming up through the roof or back window?

Negative. The rear pipes come from the center, and then go up at an angle to the sides. Two cherry bombs on that path would look pretty sinister from the back. Pipes exiting out the sides gets really loud and fatiguing. The 4 pipe on each side thing is just too goddam much to risk bending / hitting on things and fucking up pulses. Too much to calculate, too much to go wrong.

First thing I'm saving up for is going to be a newer engine. Maybe a 340, 383 or even a nicely built 318 or a build on the current one. And a blower. I'm shopping around right now, and blowers aren't easy to find used. It's about $3000 for a new one with no support stuff. And I want a manual trans, because I can't wrap my head around the idea of being happy with a slushbox.

First thing I'm saving up for is going to be a newer engine. Maybe a 340, 383 or even a nicely built 318 or a build on the current one. And a blower. I'm shopping around right now, and blowers aren't easy to find used. It's about $3000 for a new one with no support stuff. And I want a manual trans, because I can't wrap my head around the idea of being happy with a slushbox.
383 ~ 1k, you can find a cobra blower for less than 500 bucks, the 727 even in stock form will cunt shit most autos, but nothing is going to beat a well built powerglide... however, most people dont have 6k to put into that glide.

Build a 500hp 383, itll pull harder than you can imagine, even in that tank of a land yacht

A Cobra blower uses a throttle body on the side, yes ?

Tiny little throttle bodies on those things. The prices are better though.

I would like to run dual quads, and if I'm doing 318 then I can go with dual 390cfm Holleys. i love those carbs. The scoops will be for each, and I'm thinking of hanging the scoops off teh side of the charger. Not sure.

If you want to have a lot of fun, just ramp some kind of dual intake filters through the front of the hood like horns....

and get a 16lb pulley for it, also those 390s, will be fun.

Good luck.

Back