The "Del Sol Shell"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If I remember correctly it got in to the 7's last year.

I'm not at all surprised at a 7 sec pass, and would have thought it would do it. He looks to be struggling a bit launching it - with regard to building boost. Not a criticism, an observation. He sat at the light after it turned green before the launch.

Maybe he was just taking it easy cuz there weren't nobody in the other lane?

NHRA 2012 season starts soon! I'm a big pro drag racing fan. :thumbsup:

Luv the boat drags too. 540" Keith Black hemi w/Alan Johnson heads, Whipple Blower, Enderle injectors. Oh, there's one of them thar alcohol motors!

540%20Joe%20Begosian%20%28Large%29.jpg

BTW did I mention your little Del Sol with 250-300 whp is going to scream?

Last edited:
damn dude that rx7 bites hard as fuck on the launch! nice vid man...

Well more updates on plans and progress on car. The engine now may become a b20 vtec as I can get an assembled slightly built short block for 600 bucks and since I have yet to get pistons for the b18 I figure I can use .2 more liters right?!?!?!

Worked a bit more on the wiring and interior hoping to get the car on the road shortly.

"There ain't no substitute for cubic inches" "There ain't no replacement for displacement"

If'n yer wantin' a hot hotrod that's the way to go. :D Make it hot!

Some wiring pics would be nice.

Well after what seems like years away I'm back! Got a bit more done today finished up the wiring under the dash and interior work done, and took inventory on parts needed. Which I will be looking for in the near future. Phone died well working so I have no more pics as of now but will have some up next weekend when I get another chance to work on it.

Also Happy Easter to all out there celebrating it. And to those not (my self included being Greek.) Happy Sunday.

Back