The dreaded B18A to OBD1 convo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Canuck 93 Civic Si

Before the yelling happens, realize that this swap/venture has so far made me $50. And I am to far involved in the project now to get rid of everything and buy a B18B.

Now, i will be getting some OBD1 injecors and a distributor to put onto the engine, now i just need to know how to wire it. I am pretty sure ill need a new wiring harness (for the connectors and stuff) and i will just need to run the wires to thier applicable sensors or components. Someone please correct me if im wrong and feel free to offer up any advice. I have lots of wiring experiance so spare no details when it comes to specifics of the conversion.

Thanks
Sean

well, here's what you need.

1)obd1 distributor
2)4 wire O2 sensor
3)obd1 p75 ecu
4)hydro tranny, or a gay conversion kit
5)obd1 injectors (optional, you can use the obd0 ones with a resistor box)
6)obd1 alternator

use your civic's wire harness. swapping the above to obd1 will allow you to plug them right in. the rest of the sensors should not be an issue, save for maybe extending a few wires here and there.

thats' all i can think of off the top of my head....

you can also chip a P06 with a P75 program - civic ECUs run integra code just fine.
Also, you can get a PR4 or P74 ECU but the maps are inferior to P75 maps... Better tuning from the factory in a P75 ECU.

if the P28 was chipped, you could use a P75 program in it. (yes, you can put non-vtec programs in vtec ECUs but NOT vise-versa)

if it is NOT chipped, you will be throwing codes for vtec solenoid and vtec pressure, and the car will probably run lean

you are also going to need a map sensor, either get an obd 1 throttle body, or your gonna need to get an obd 0 firewall unit.

Back