the ef mini turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dseries

its not bought i built it
ok so heres a little back ground on my car. its a 89 ef hatch that i bought in rockford michigan off a guy that really didnt no what he had. when i bought it it already had a d16y7 in it with the dual point fi to multi point fi conversion already done.

ok heres the plans:

Engine:

i have a z6 head im going to throw on it for that all to important vtec my question is is the cam profile more aggressive on the z6 or the y8? and should i keep the cam gear from the y7 or z6? my turbo plan are to get an hf manifold and bolt a adaptor plate for a dsm turbo. my question for this is what dsm turbo would best fit my application? I also had a quesion about motor mounts does it make a differece if i use oem or should i get aftermarket mounts? And im geeting the z6 manifold along with the head. along with those parts i was planning doing this:

Eaglerod H beams
ARP head studs
ARP rod bolts
P28 ecu
Custom Charge pipes
2.5 in exhaust all the way back
HKS knock off super sequetial BOV
undecided on the pistions at this point any input would be great (if im runnin boost i should try to keep as close to stock compression right?)

Body:

im pretty much going to keep it a stocker except for a front lip kit and an si front end

Suspention:

i was plannin on gettin some tokiko illuminas with lowering springs to about 2 in the front and 1.5 in the back. my question are coilovers so much better for the price? or is there a better set of shocks out there for the money? i also plan on doin uper and lower strut bars on both ends

and input is great if what i plan on doing sounds completely ridiculous let me no im open to critics you cant hurt my feelings :D

Last edited:
dsm turbos you can choose from are smallest to largest t-25, 14b, small 16g, big 16g, 20g. it all depends on what kind of power your looking to make, with a t-25 i wouldn't look at getting more then 180-200 if your lucky horsepower out of it. the 14b is good till about 250 hp, small 16g is good to 280hp, big 16g is good to 320hp, Ive seen guys run over 450hp with the 20g

thanks thats the exact info i was lookin for actually. you wouldnt no any one sellin 14b or small 16g would ya?

you could check ebay or dsmtrader, Ive seen 14b go for as little as $75, small 16g for as low as $125

i might be trading my b18b1 motor i got sittin in my garage for a complete turbo kit but if that falls through ill let ya no on that t-25

Back