The epitome of American gluttony.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's no secret that Americans are the fattest people in the world. 60% of America is overweight by at least 30 lbs., which is considered grossly overweight. It's also a common fact that American sized portions of food are upwards of 50% larger than the rest of the world.

I went to McDonalds last night for some heart attacks (I go about once a month), and decided to supersize it because I love their fries and wanted more than just large. I give 'em the money, and they hand me this freakin' half keg of Sprite. I couldn't believe how big it was, and that McDonalds actually believes that someone would want a drink this large to go with ONE burger and approximately eight ounces of fries. And you know they did studies about the drink size because a corporation as large as McDonalds isn't going to just randomly pick a size and run with it.

So I got home and finished my meal, listening to my arteries clog all the while. I decided to see just how big this drink was. So I dumped out what I didn't drink, which was around 7/10ths of what it came with, and filled it back up with water to within a 1/4" of the rim. Then I filled a measuring bowl with the water to see how large the supersized drink was.

Here's a 12 oz. can of 7Up next to the behemoth:
158.JPG

Here's the water filled up in the measuring cup:
160.JPG

And for those that would rather see English measure:
161.JPG

And lastly, the 12 oz. can of 7Up next to the measuring bowl, to give you an idea of just how much volume the supersized drink occupies:
162.JPG

Now let's think about something here... that drink is just shy of 1.3 liters. The average adult stomach is 12" long and 6" wide at its widest point, and can hold approximately one quart (0.94 liters).

Human nature is to consume (or try to consume) whatever is in front of them. Let's say that for the day, you only need 2000 calories, and someone puts a meal in front of you that has 3500 calories. Would you, or do you, stop 2/3 of the way through and say, "that's enough for me!" Hell no. You eat it all and ask for seconds, you big fat fuck. So when fed a 1.25 liter drink, the average person will most likely finish it if they're physically able to.

And people bitch and moan about their weight...

:shrug2: oh well...i will just sit here and eat my ham, turkey and cheese sandwich and Pringles potatoe chips and read this post while i drink this 24oz bottle of Pepsi and watch The Road Rules at the same time.

lol

When I go to McDonalds... I usually order 2 double cheesburgers and a small soda. $1 menu rocks :) and it fills me up

Originally posted by karnash@Jul 12 2003, 04:17 PM
you got way too much fucking time on your hands....

as soon as i read the title, i knew this was going to be your thread....

:ji:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 12 2003, 04:28 PM
lol

When I go to McDonalds... I usually order 2 double cheesburgers and a small soda. $1 menu rocks :) and it fills me up

i get 2 McChickens and a 42 oz coke (49 cents) for like 2.50

come to think of it, i rarely finish that coke

Originally posted by FirstAccord@Jul 12 2003, 05:36 PM
you get a 42 ounce coke for 49 cents? :bs:

don't make me scan in my receipts bitch! :)

If I eat fast food, I just take a chicken whopper from bk for free. Only 9 grams of fast and 488 calories that fills you up.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 12 2003, 06:30 PM
If I eat fast food, I just take a chicken whopper from bk for free. Only 9 grams of fast and 488 calories that fills you up.

i assume you work there? :)

you are forgetting something I bet if you fill that huge cup up with Ice not the normal ice from your freezer but the Ice they use its that thin ice if you fill it AA the way up with that ice "as you know they always do when you go through the drive thru "people bitch to me about it"
it will hold about 12oz at MOST 20oz of soda

try it =)

at work we use really big cups everyone freaks out about how big they are yet when filled all the way up with ICE only ONE 12oz can of soda will fit in them I know becuase I took some home since they are nice cups hehe

now if youre dumb enough to drink a supersized drink with no ice then I hope you get a soda belly aka beer belly but with soda =)

Americans are fat becuase they just don't care

P.S just do what I do and DONT EAT THAT CHIT!
its been YEARS since I've had a burger from MCDs

pop is somthing thugs do with caps
soda is something you drink

if you call it anyting else, you can call it a soft drink, but sayign so is still gay.

pop = 1936

hello and welcome to 2003 where coke, pepsi, and every one else is now making soda

Back