the evil empire, holy crap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i hate Walmart.. too many damn people .. i'm sure most Californians feel the same way.. lol

What do they have against Nevada? Seriously, Montana has more stores.

Have you every been to Nevada? There is nothing there. All their population clusters to a few cities and the rest is just emptiness.

In regards to walmart employees unionizing, I remember about 5 years ago hearing a story about some store in Canada actually voting in the union. Walmart in turn CLOSED the store.

Wal-Mart is prone to do that. It will cost them less money to close a store and open another one than it will to unionize. Additionally, once a store is unionized, the probability for other stores in the vacinity to unionize is exponentially higher.

wal mart has it right though. get soooo big, you control everything.

think about it. wal-mart is the number 1 employer in the u.s. they even sell the most cd's. 25% of cd's are sold in wal-mart. wow, just wow.

Wal-Mart is the #1 employer in the US--after the military. IIRC, Wal-Mart, Inc. currently employs 1.7 million people in the US alone.

I don't think it is going to be long before Wal-Mart turns into the next Microsoft. Soon enough, someone will step in and intervene.

i dont like buy cds from walmart, they are all edited.
id rather not listen to the music then listen to edited.
it's because you are 18.

you probably listen to rap or hardcore. this is very small percentage of cd's sold. most cd's sold are country or pop. ie taylor swift, britney spears, and american idol. you are in the minority.

i dont like buy cds from walmart, they are all edited.
id rather not listen to the music then listen to edited.

I don't buy CDs from wal mart for the same reason. When you start pushing your ideas onto artists and changing their work, you are going too far.

I don't buy CDs from wal mart for the same reason. When you start pushing your ideas onto artists and changing their work, you are going too far.

I dont' buy them because they are edited also. but they aren't pushing ideas. thats like saying radio pushes ideals since they are edited. it's very legit to sell an edited record. it's safe shopping for parents (even though most have an explicit lyrics stamp, some people are still stupid).

artists are VERY willing to make an edited version to sell at wal-mart. and if they are ok to make it, it's ok to sell it.

True, but walmart doesn't broadcast their CDs over the air, and they offer no choice to the artists. "Provide us with an edited version or we won't sell your music". Ever heard the wal-mart version of "Closer" by nin, or "You can do it" by Ice Cube? How about "so fucking what" by metallica... Completely destroys the songs. Eminem actually re-writes and re-records his music so wal-mart will carry it.

True, but walmart doesn't broadcast their CDs over the air, and they offer no choice to the artists. "Provide us with an edited version or we won't sell your music". Ever heard the wal-mart version of "Closer" by nin, or "You can do it" by Ice Cube? How about "so fucking what" by metallica... Completely destroys the songs. Eminem actually re-writes and re-records his music so wal-mart will carry it.

i dont think he does it just for walmart.. probably the radio too.
cuz he wants to be one of the few artists with music that still sounds good edited.
i was at this place the other day, and they were playing the radio(i never listen to the radio) and they werent just editing out words, they were cutting out entire fucking lines.
half the song was just instrumental.

never understood the whole edited cd thing at walmart. the next aisle over I can buy porkies or up in smoke, but god forbid I hear a curse word on a cd.

serious.
because of that, id rather buy cds at target.
plus its just right across the street..
but i dont buy cds.

although ive stolen probably about a thousand dollars worth from target.
but ive since matured, now i just steal the digitally.
:D

never understood the whole edited cd thing at walmart. the next aisle over I can buy porkies or up in smoke, but god forbid I hear a curse word on a cd.
:ditto:

but still the "safe shopper" is a legit idea. its one of the many reasons they sell so many cd's (other than their 1000 stores)

i found out that they edited the cd's the hard way when i was 10. walked in to get an eminem album, the real slim shady?
bought it took it home and nearly hung myself for wasting an hour of my life and 15$

:ditto:

but still the "safe shopper" is a legit idea. its one of the many reasons they sell so many cd's (other than their 1000 stores)

i found out that they edited the cd's the hard way when i was 10. walked in to get an eminem album, the real slim shady?
bought it took it home and nearly hung myself for wasting an hour of my life and 15$
well, wal-mart is also looking out for it's customers. people understand what rated "R" means, but most people buying cds for kids don't know who "50 cent" or "lil' wayne" is. they can go to wal-mart and not worry about it.

i know how you feel. i bought a lil' wayne TAPE about 10 years ago. it was edited.

Back