The EVO is dead.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damn i thought you wrecked or blew up your car...

there were 5 mitsu dealers in massachusetts when i bought my first mirage. only 1 now. and they are complete asshats. i really dont think they move any cars.

If I have a chance this weekend for chits and giggles I'm going to count the cars in my town home neighborhood. 118 homes here. I can't remember seeing a single mitso at any point. There's a mid 2000s EVO that rolls through the neighborhood but I think hes friends with the STI guy down the street. He's always in a group of loud cars, never parked anywhere.

Maryland has a lot of AWD cars, this neighborhood is loaded with subis. Guy across from me has a 2.5 RS =)

From what I've read the X has sold better than the VIII and IX did...It's a "green image" decision

I also read that the turbo diesel version rumor has been squashed

-and the new Toyota/Subaru coupe will be RWD but it will NOT have a turbo...so get ready for whole lot of nothing exciting in the auto industry

I may have seen an Evo X maybe once around here, but have seen plenty of EvoVIII and IX. When they say "sell better" is it just overall numbers or sales goals? I'm thinking since I haven't seen an EvoX at a dealership but I've seen the older ones before, that the X's are either selling fast or they just released less of them.

I have a friend that bought a X and a few that have VIII/IXs or had.. Other than those four EVOs.. no one around here has any other type of mitsu. I'm pretty sure this is the case everywhere.

I see them constantly...? I actually consider them a "common" car which is why I never bought one

-heavily outnumbered by WRX/STI's though

In my local car scene I've met a minimum of 30 guys who own EVO's and at the shop that dyno'd my car last week there were 3 EVO X's being worked on and 1 VIII

I see them constantly...? I actually consider them a "common" car which is why I never bought one

-heavily outnumbered by WRX/STI's though

In my local car scene I've met a minimum of 30 guys who own EVO's and at the shop that dyno'd my car last week there were 3 EVO X's being worked on and 1 VIII

That's exactly it though. It seems like mistu doesn't make anything but EVOs. Now that they aren't selling them, what do they have that people will actually buy?

I saw my neighbors rusted out piece of shit broken down 2002 Galant get taken away on a flat bed the other day. :lol:

That's exactly it though. It seems like mistu doesn't make anything but EVOs. Now that they aren't selling them, what do they have that people will actually buy?

the gala... err.. outla..maybe the endeavor?

ohh wait, i know. the Fuso! :ph34r:

I see a shitload of base model Lancer's around...a few Outlander Sports lately (which would actually be a decent small SUV if they offered it w/the turbo motor ie: Forester XT style)

-only 1.2% of Japanese vehicles sold in the US were Mitsu's in 2010....9 people bought a new Raider

NINE (and I've seen one of them!)

also, I just saw that Honda only sold 85 2010 S2000's...

Last edited:
there's a ton of galants in the ghetto around here.
i think it's the poor husltaa's wanna be car before they get a 300c with 24s.
just sayin'

Mitsu. I know 1 person in Maryland that has one that is 5 years old or newer. I know a handful of people online who have EVOs but only 1 person that has one in my real life. Happens to be one of our employees. Has a standard lancer.

I can't even think of anyone else not a single friend of a friend that has a mitsu. Not even friends of the family. I know no one that owns one.

Bottom line, they need to do something, not sure about other areas but in MD they suck major ass.

If it wasn't for Mitsubishi having their hands in many other markets from their trucks to tvs I highly doubt it would still be around as only a car company.

:werd:

Now given, I live in Michigan, so domestic is big here, but still, I see plenty of Honda/Toyota/Hyundai/KIA everyday, but I can't even tell you when the last time I saw a late-model Mitsubishi around. I see a fair amount of DSMs, but newer Mitsus? Nothing. I couldn't even tell you where the closest dealership is either...

Mitsu is dying in this country because they are a small Japanese company with most of their production being in Japan. The Yen has been getting more and more unfavorable compared with the dollar, making importing here expensive & uncompetitive. Honda builds most of their vehicles in the states for a reason. Honda limits the supply of J built models like the Fit because it isn't as profitable to import & sell here.

Back