The EVO is dead.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mitsu is dying in this country because they are a small Japanese company with most of their production being in Japan.
I think it has more to do with people not being interested in their products. :shrug2:

I didn't know they still made Mitsu until I took my fiance's civic in for service a few months ago. Mitsu dealership is next to Honda. Very small crappy line. They are the next Izuzu

ive seen an evo X rolling around here every now and then. buddy of mine had an evo back in early college (saw quite a few back then too, like 4-5 years ago). definitely less mitsus.

lots of suby's though.

I wonder how all the other companies that make cars outside of the country are able to still do well....

So mitsu small cars is a failing operation. Rather then sink on the fail boat they are taking the chance on redoing their whole business concept and ditch what they're known for doing and switching to something that might be the new form of autos. If everything does in fact change over to hybrids mitsu could be a big contender with a big head start for a full line of cars.

Worst case, they stop making small cars all together. Best case, Mitsu small cars becomes a profitable division.

Think about it this way.

If a Restaurant is doing well, you don't fix what aint broke. When it goes down the crapper, you do new menus, remodels, or even close down the whole joint and change the name to hopefully head into a different direction.

No owner ever wants to admit their concept failed. Mitsu is doing the same thing.

Back