Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Didn't have flu shot, got sick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Had flu shot, got sick

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Didn't have flu shot, not sick

Votes: 27 79.4%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DEFINITELY don't give it to the wife. FUCK NO. Fuck any docotor who says to do it, too.

I've never gotten the flu shot until I had my son. I've also never gotten as sick before until I had my son.

Also, the poll is misleading, there needs to be an option for had flu shot, haven't gotten sick yet :)

I wouldn't let my pregnant wife do it either.
My wife was preggers from Jan to Sept. no flu was had, no shot was either. I'm a big proponent of as little chemical introduction as possible to a fetus.

I only got the flu shot this year(or last year) because I happened to be at the doctors around that season. Probably the first time I got it in like 5yrs.

Apparently the majority of us Hondaswappians have impeccable immune systems.

You didnt know?

HS'ers are a higher level of beings. Something like demigods. Accept we're real. We are the next rung of the evolutionary ladder, and one step closer to enlightenment.

I turned down a job that had a requirement of getting a flu shot. I refuse to put anything unnecessary into my body. I have never gotten the flu and don't know the last time/if ever that I had a flu shot.

literally everyone i know, including my wife had the flu and i was around them all. did not get any shots and did not get sick

I'm not elderly, or an invalid. Either I'll be fine, or I'll get the flu, man up, shit myself again, and be done.

I got the flu shot, didn't get sick. My kids don't get the flu shot and they got sick. Nothing terrible though. Slight fever with a fairly bad cough and runny nose. It should also be noted that children are still building their immune systems and my kids are around sick kids at school.

Also, I never used to get the flu shot and once I would get a little cold, it would turn into something worse because of my asthma. I would have to be put on breathing treatments and an oral steroid for 3 days or so. Since I have been getting the flu shots, that has yet to happen to me.

That's not the flu. Symptoms from the flu persist for weeks, not a few days. And I've also never heard of anyone having a 'slight' fever with the flu. It's always in the 101-104 area. and you have that for 3-5 days, sometimes even longer.

That's not the flu. Symptoms from the flu persist for weeks, not a few days. And I've also never heard of anyone having a 'slight' fever with the flu. It's always in the 101-104 area. and you have that for 3-5 days, sometimes even longer.
Was that directed at me? Because I never once said I had the Flu. The thread title suggest flu but a few chimed in with symptoms of a slight "sickness" so I did as well.

Hell, even the poll options say sick and not flu...

got nailed with the flu late sunday, finally somewhat alive. it felt like pure evil trying to rip my soul out and my body did everything it could not to let me die. fever, chills, aches, congested, weazy, cough...no stomach issues....

i really thought i was going to not get it this year

Finally managed to find a preservative-free flu shot. Had to call the local command center for the clinics in my area to do it; turns out they consider pregnant women priority 1 and set aside preservative-free shots for them, just had to find a place that still had them and they let them know to reserve one.

I caught something at jury duty friday, or maybe earlier in the week.... all i know is that on saturday, i was sick as hell. chills, fever, cold sweats. I made that concoction of lemons caynee pepper, etc that i posted on my fb wall and sunday i felt better. So, i don't know if it was the flu or not... bu it was only with me for about 10 hours and then it was gone.

I had a couple people not make it in yesterday due to the on going flu. They made it in today but aren't 100% it seems. I wish they didn't come in.

Back