The GF went to Spain today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
This just makes me wish I could go out there right now. I've been dealing with hell since I got back from Sweden, so my trip to Sevilla is going to be a great getaway. The best thing for me is that I'll be able to drive (finally) when I return. But this year I'll be going to Sevilla for 2 1/2 months, and then I'll be going to Seoul, S. Korea for an additional 3 1/2 weeks for another study abroad. I'm at the point right now that when I get my license back, I NEVER want to ride the bus again.

I need to buy my plane ticket soon. Anyone have a suggestion for cheap international flights? I'll be flying out of Denver International Airport to Sevilla on March 2. Then I'll be returning around May 23. I'll have about 5 days at home before I fly out to Seoul on May 29.

I'm pretty sure he got the truck in anticipation of getting it back.

My guess for reason for loss of license is too many tickets.

I was following my girlfriend one night around 1:00 am. Cop is travelling in the opposite direction. We had just exited off the highway and got onto Federal Blvd. 2 very short blocks later, we make a left turn onto her school's street. Cop pulls up behind me after I park, without his lights on. He asks me why I was doing 90 down Federal, to which I replied, "Officer, we just got off the highway and there is no possible way for me to accelerate to 90 mph in two blocks." Then he says something like, "Ok then, why are you tailing that truck?"
"That is my girlfriend's truck sir. I followed her because I still have her cell phone in my pocket and we just got out of a late movie." I ended up waiting in my car while another cop pulls up behind her truck (91 Dodge Dakota 2wd) and starts asking her questions like if we'd had a fight, if I beat her, etc. She told him no, and asked what this was all about. Meanwhile the cop that pulled me over wrote me a Reckless Driving ticket, 8 pts, and told the other cop to write her a Careless Driving, 4 pts. We had no idea what was going on. We had to call the court to find out why he even gave us the tickets. Apparently he called a Domestic Violence incident over his radio and "let me off" with Reckless when he found out nothing happened. We never were speeding, or driving in any way that could be considered "reckless". I fought it in court, because I only had 2 points left on my license and would lose it even if they gave me the plea bargain. Every lawyer I talked to told me that I would have no problem defending myself, and not to worry. I couldn't afford lawyer fees so that's why I didn't hire one. They ate me alive in court. Found me "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" for something that I never did. She got the plea bargain of Defective/Unsafe Vehicle, 2 pts. They offered me that the first court date, and I turned it down because I thought I had a chance. This all happened in like January last year. I went to Sweden, and when I got back, I had a hearing for my license suspension, in which they told me that I qualified to have a Red license (to school and work only). When I got there with my proof of insurance, the hearing officer didn't listen to a word I said, or anything my mom said. She denied the fact that cops are always looking for Hondas/import cars. I told her that while I was gone, my 55 year old (white) dad got pulled over driving my car, and was "let off with a warning" for nothing. She said she would never get pulled over if she was driving my car. I told her that I GUARANTEE that for the past year, I was a better driver than her. (By then I was starting to get VERY agitated.) She told me that she was suspending my license because she felt I was unsafe to be on the roads. She suspended my license for a year but "took it easy on me" so I could have my license back towards the end of April rather than the 1st of June. Big deal you whore.

Cliffnotes:
Cop f'd me over with a Reckless Driving ticket for no reason.
F'd over my girlfriend with a Careless Driving ticket for no reason.
Hearing officer f'd me over and suspeneded me for 1 year, instead of giving me red license.
I have to take the bus 1.5 hours ONE WAY to school and back home every day.

I did just get the truck too. I sold my car because I have gotten completely screwed over on all 3 tickets I've gotten because CO cops label everyone that drives an import car a "street racer" and views everyone as a threat to humanity. This is my 2nd license suspension in 2 years, so now I'm going to have to bend over and take it just to keep myself insured.

I found out in a later court date, after I got a copy of his notes on the back of the ticket, that we were going 50-60 mph, I was tailing her truck by 1 foot, yes 12 inches (!), and we made the left hand turn without even slowing down. Apparently, my wheels squealed and my car fishtailed around the corner too. :hmm:

His Crown Vic was the car we had to STOP and wait for before making the left hand turn. When he passed us, we were STOPPED at the light.

Wow. I still can't believe that. Just wow. There are good cops, sure, but shit like this is what breeds dissent and distrust of your "protectors".

Talk about being out for blood.

A good number of people lose their license here, too, but the ones around here are fucktards and totally deserve it.

The people that deserve it are the ones they let off easy. A friend of a friend just got a red license after his 5th, yes 5th DUI. Can you say "inconsistent"?. I have yet to encounter a cop that gets my respect.

All this happened around this time last year. I was taking 3 classes at the time. Between all the court dates, appeals, letters to the city, etc. I ended up failing one class and got 2 C's. My GPA went from about a 3.3 or 3.2 to 2.16. I took 18 credit hours while I was in Sweden and 20.5 last term to try to bring it up. Now I'm at a 2.8. I'm hoping that I'll be over 3.0 when this term ends in February. If not, hopefully at least by the end of the year I better be up to 3.1 or higher.

I'm the one that's out for blood now.

This makes me an angry behind the keyboard user.

I would have done everything I could have, taken it to another court, appealed the decision and if all else failed I would have continued to drive at that point just to prove a point until another judge took the case and tried to understand the situation.

I just gave up. It wasn't worth it. Thousands of dollars in addition to the almost $400 that I had to pay in fines and court costs. Lawyer fees, consultations, my grades suffered big time. I just decided to sell my car and cut my losses. I'm still paying for it. Spend 3 hours on the bus today and had class for less than 2. It's a 20 minute drive.

Just got an email from her. She's in Madrid for a couple days for orientation, then she goes to Toledo for another couple days then on to Sevilla.

I just found out that I get to take out extra money for my student loans to finance my trip to Korea. So I'm taking out an extra $1500-2000 so that I can buy my plane ticket to Korea which will be close to $1k. then the remainder in addition to what's in my checking account will be for spending money.

i would have threatened to sue the city, done so, fuck the police chiefs daughter and anything i else i could. thats a bunch of BS, and i wouldn't take it.

i'd reserrectu johhny cochran from the dead :p

Well, when I don't have enough money and my parents don't have the money to front for a lawyer, things change drastically. I'm not about to take out a loan for that shit either. Or apply for a credit card. Fuck that. The amount of stress and emotion that goes into fighting something that you feel so adamently against is just insane. As I've said before, my grades suffered BIG TIME, as well as my general demeanor and probably my health to some extent (fatigue, headaches, etc.). It's not worth all that goes into it. For what? Having my license during the time, but what did I lose in the long run? Don't get me wrong, it SUCKS and I fucking HATE riding the bus now, but at least I know now how to leave for somewhere with enough time not to rush. Because now I can consider my options, and I would choose driving over its alternative ANYTIME.

I found a ticket to Sevilla for $743.43 on Expedia. Found a ticket to Seoul on Expedia for $1,323.65. The Spain one is a good deal, but I'll keep looking around to see what I can find.

Back