The girls of occupy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i saw a guy juggling hula hoops at occupy Baltimore. yeah...

high unemployment rates leads to civil unrest
people are up for causes and protesting
they aren't up in arms ... yet...
the basic fact of the matter is that the system is too corrupt to be fixed
all that will come of this is a nice pony show and switching people around in elected positions and the same exact thing plods along, and the rich get richer at the expense of the minions

1 corrupt individual destroys the trust for the whole entity
a great example would be Arthur Anderson, one of the biggest accounting firms in the country, and i imagine the world
all it took was one guy's office fucking up the enron books to destroy the whole firm
the big wigs got paid and the little people got fucked, and the firm had to disappear because their reputation was tarnished
1 bad apple is all it takes

there always has been a "high class" in society through out history who derived their power and wealth from the poorer people around them who were there to serve them
its just a fact, that's how it works, that's how it always has worked, and that's how it will continue to work, history is just a big repeating show that goes round and round

Ive been saying this since OWS started. You can't legislate human nature away. Even if we reverted to tribal living, there would be the smart or privileged who rule over the ignorant. The ignorant in the US aren't slaves. They are willing to work for what they perceive as good. The difference between us and them is in the definition of good. I have known many people who truly believe that $15 an hour is a good wage and a good job worth keeping your whole life.

Ive been saying this since OWS started. You can't legislate human nature away. Even if we reverted to tribal living, there would be the smart or privileged who rule over the ignorant. The ignorant in the US aren't slaves. They are willing to work for what they perceive as good. The difference between us and them is in the definition of good. I have known many people who truly believe that $15 an hour is a good wage and a good job worth keeping your whole life.

:mellow:
$15/hr isn't good?
lmao

It was good for me when I was 20 but I knew there was better stuff out there.

Last edited:
$15 an hour is good for a high school kid, but you won't ever get out of the ghetto or have a family on that salary.

thats like 30k a year.

lots of people have a car, kids and a house on 30k a year
just sayin'

live within your means

and i wonder what sort of shape the country would be in, specifically related to the bitching about entitlements, if the government hadn't robbed the coffers of SS and medicare and never repaid it.
now all the sudden they need the money to pay out, and its not there, so instead of blaming themselves and having it repaid, they want to "get entitlements under control"

i also think entitlements are out of hand and unsustainable, but robbing the trust funds for other purposes and then raising a red flag because the fund is broke is not the proper way to approach the situation

maybe west baltimore, housing in the rest of the city is still around 70-80k lol

And it's apathy that allows it to perpetuate. It's not just a couple suited up thieves, it's a network of bankers, board members, lobbyists, and career politicians who all scratch each others backs on wealth that's forcibly extracted from lower classes. It's not an unavoidable aspect of capitalism it's a product of the lower classes ignorance and apathy. You don't have to be a miserable prick to demand fair treatment and an uncompromising end to crony capitalism. You act like people who protest are miserable all the time. I have a great life and an awesome family, which is why I want to improve our system so that instead of my kid inheriting everything we fucked up, she'll actually have a better life and more opportunities than I did. How about instead of pushing the boundaries of greed, we push the boundaries of fairness and equity, push the boundaries of personal accountability by eliminating social capitalism. Push the boundaries of self reliance to the bleeding edge, because that is where social Darwinism can thrive and we can actually progress as a species.
Were arguing the same point from different perspectives. I'm with B16, REAL capitalists despise what is going on. I believe in deregulation. Let all companies compete. Real competition sparks drops in price, bad companies failing, and REAL R & D. Not the kind that allows tax breaks and is just scientists playing with their beakers. The kind that creates new products that enter the market and devalue the stuff that was there.

Don't be mad at the Corporations. Be mad at the SEC. You're getting mad at baseball players for doing steroids, not getting mad at the MLB for not testing. You can write the laws all you want, if you don't regulate, it's just paper.

Back on track. THIS is my kind of wall street protester.

topless-best.jpg

Also, NSFW Body painted protesters

Last edited:
I think hot protester is an oxymoron. what exactly is hot about 1 moth of no shower and no shaving. Wolf pussy anyone??

Back