the Governator Scores one in my book

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit this is the first time he has taken a stance on anything. This is a man who won an election with out a debate or any platform at all, except I am better than the current guy. It is about time he took a stand on something. :thumbsup:

This is a man who won an election with out a debate or any platform at all, except I am better than the current guy.

lmao

yea, kerry should take some advice from him...
a little more pointing out that a vote for kerry is a vote AGAINST BUSH...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 19 2004, 01:27 PM
a little more pointing out that a vote for kerry is a vote AGAINST BUSH...
[post=404737]Quoted post[/post]​

umm yea. Is that like unpatriotic or something. Last time I check, we are living in a democracy.

But lets keep this on topic

its not that republicans are against stem cell research, they just want to limit the amount of stem cells used and the money dumped into it. Bush is for stem cell research as long as the money is provided by private parties, not the govt. (atleast thats what i think he said....)

o0o great...
2010 = 3 Arnold clones

2015 = avg death rate 247 yrs old

2025 = lets look through the catalog and see what we want our kid to look like

2040 = X Men 14 is released. Actors play themselves in the film

2065 = "hey grandma...who the fuck is Mother Nature? was that your mommy?"

maybe stem cell research can be good..i hear around the year 3000 all the races will have blended together around the world and everyone will look Mexican. And i dont know what is worse than everyone looking Mexican.

Schwarzenegger's endorsement Monday of a separate ballot proposal to dump political party primaries also marks a break with California's GOP.

Under the proposal, the two top primary finishers would advance to a general-election runoff, regardless of party affiliation.

It would not alter presidential elections.
I like this idea

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Oct 19 2004, 12:22 PM
o0o great...
2010 = 3 Arnold clones

2015 = avg death rate 247 yrs old

2025 = lets look through the catalog and see what we want our kid to look like

2040 = X Men 14 is released. Actors play themselves in the film

2065 = "hey grandma...who the fuck is Mother Nature? was that your mommy?"

maybe stem cell research can be good..i hear around the year 3000 all the races will have blended together around the world and everyone will look Mexican. And i dont know what is worse than everyone looking Mexican.
[post=404761]Quoted post[/post]​

:ufucktard: You obvioulsy have no concept of how biological systems work. Also, we have been playing god since we started cross breading animals and plants to incorperate their desireable traits in their offspring.

Go learn some basic biology, hell even reading something about stem cell research would work, and then come back and shoot your mouth off.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Oct 19 2004, 11:22 AM
And i dont know what is worse than everyone looking Mexican.
[post=404761]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow. I think we have a winn4r for the day. :blink:

don't they get stem cells from aborted fetus'?

sorry, we're not supposed to play God.

whoa, big difference from medical care or even organ transplants and genetically creating a whole 'being' or person. aka the cloning issue. to say medical treatment is playing god is ignorant. a machine that helps your lungs work is playing god? whatever.
and where does the distinction between a 'clump of cells' and an unborn child begin? sorry, you cannot specify a day or even a week between the two.
i'm not going to get this into a religious debate. i'm just going to state what i believe and why. the bible held a man as a murderer if he hurt a woman's unborn baby or killed a pregnant woman. eye for an eye. there god views an embryo/fetus/whatever as a life and highly valuable. i take the same stand. therefore i don't think stem cell research is correct if their only source for stem cells is from aborted fetus'. if you can get them from humans who dont' have to die and you want to grow a liver or spleen, so be it.
i was talking to a friend about the abortion issus in the election debates. his view on the idea of abortion legally only for rapes is this: why have a tragic accident result in two? why end a horrible experience with another one? there are thousands of couples who cannot physically have children who would love to adopt one. why not make a horrible experience result in one that is good for some people?
just what he said. i agree.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 19 2004, 12:08 PM
Wow, pretty damn cool. Pretty shocking for a Republican to introduce such a measure.
[post=404722]Quoted post[/post]​

werd,

im conservative - but stem cell research is just sweet

first, the governator did not grant 3 billion to stem cell research. He is simply endorsing a bill which we in the state will vote for on nov 2nd. In short it amends the state constitution to prevent stopping research, provides the funds (by selling bonds, sending our current credit rating even lower), and sets up an organization which will see to administering the funds to those who are deemed worthy of using.
I'll reiterate, it will be the people of California, not schwarzenegger as a governor, that will be pushing this significant legislation through the state.

Just to clarify, this bill does not address at all how stem cells will be gotten, but as it stands majority of the current work california does with embryos are not from abotrion clinics. They are prodominantly from fertility clinics when parents to be find out there are more than one fertilized egg within them and they only want one child. Better put those things to use than let simply dispose of them, speaking from a practical perspective.

i have varoius friends who are twins. i know that, after having them, their parents would never be able to choose which one to keep and which one to part out to people needing organ transplants.
to me, i coudn't make the choice to decide on which egg to keep and which ones not to use. you never know what type of person could have developed out of that embryo. i remember hearing that with all the abortions that have occured, we easily could've killed multiple future presidents.
someone said earlier that if we have the ability to do something, we should.
i have the ability to do many things, but there are laws against them. i can shoot my neighbor. should i be allowed to do so because i have the ability?
even illegal drugs. there's laws against them for a reason. they screw people up. i have a lot of friends parents who are or were in jail from drugs. to say they do nothing is an absolute lie. yet people will say til the day they die that we have the right to smoke whatever we want because it's there and we have the right to.
you have the abilty to drive on the wrong side of the road. get my point yet?

thanks for missing the piont completely.

why are there things we can do but don't? moral issues.

and i'd like to see you talk to your grandmother face to face and say "I wish you never would've lived and your parents had aborted you."

then I wouldn't have to deal with your crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back