1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Grand Tour

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Briansol, Nov 19, 2016.

1. chadcharb

chadcharb Well-Known Member VIP

Im glad the got rid of the American driver. That was awful! Liking the new season so far, you can definitely tell they ironed out a few things from last season.

2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

It seems like they are starting to catch their stride. Their chemistry improves with every episode!

3. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

Agreed. The end of the last episode had me laughing pretty constantly.

I still haven't figured out what's keeping me from being super excited for it every week. Those 3 have been together for nearly 15 years now, and it feels forced where it once felt fluid. I know it's been scripted the whole time, but it didn't FEEL scripted on the BBC. I dunno if that's them trying to dodge legal battles with the BBC, or if it's just that the concept may have just run its course.

I still find myself watching each week, and it did kinda force me into getting Acorn and BritBox through amazon, so I guess it is serving its purpose for them.

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

I blame Amazon more so than the hosts. Amazon is used to throwing money at a project and backing away. I think they have to be way more involved in this "live" show compared to a scripted series or movie. I think BBC had 15 years of knowing the cadence of their conversations and who they are as people, Amazon is figuring it out though.

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

They need a different table and camera angle for "the news". The way it's setup right now is too rigid. Not sure if it's the table or if it's the camera angle, or both. But they need a way to loosen that up. The jag segments felt spot on the money though.

6. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

I'm so glad they got rid of the american driver. But, I think that they need to actually use the driver they have to give some insight as to her opinion of the cars she drives and how they compare or something. the whole "right, lets see what you got!" stuff at launch is annoying.

But, other than that, I think I'm enjoying this season much more than the first. So glad that celebrity brain crash is gone.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted