the great hondaswap smoke out.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my grandma used to be a skinny woman, untill she quit smoking, then WHA POW! damn watch out for her! I dunno do a search on MSN, the url doesn't work anymore

it's the whole brining your hand to your mouth. people replace the cigarettes with food, and wam, they're fat. but it's highly worth it. kick the habit b.

Good timing B. I just decided to quit last night. (Partly due to the fact that I had no money on me to get get another pack) It's time for me to quit anyway. 8 years of Reds and then Newports takes it's toll on ya. Good luck Brian, I'll be fiending with you...

14 hours and counting...

Incentive for B:

If you don't quit successfully, you don't get the finder's fee for my Accord. :p

[Rob Schneider]YOU CAN DOOOO EEEEEEEEEIT!!!![/Rob Schneider]

I think that people would be less anti-smoke if smokers would be more courteous. I smoke half a pack, I don't feel the need to smoke every 5 minutes...

My friends will blow smoke at people, cough and then flick their butt anywhere - the world is their ashtray. I've been getting bad about cigs in the car. I normally don't smoke in the car, but since smoking is now banned at my house I'll light up while driving. Then I feel like a schmuck about it, and toss the butt out of the window. I should stop that.

But ultimately I don't smell like smoke, I brush my teeth at least 3 times a day and I'm not rude about it. So I don't get people - even my parents - bothering me to quit.

I say just cut down. I enjoy smoking, and if I could get down from 10 to 4 cigs a day I would be ducky.

-> Steve

B. you can do it.

I'll take ya out to dinner (breakfast on B. Time) if you can do it for a month.

i used to smoke like a pack a day but now i'm down to 4-5 a day but i smoke more weed then before so i dunno. i think i chose the right thing to smoke more of.

Originally posted by Canadian_GSR@Sep 18 2003, 02:04 AM
dude are you sure your quitting for the right reasons? Ive had 2 different stella's try to make me quit for them now and everytime i always started smoking again. make sure your doin it for you or its only gonna be harder. keep on puffin i say....just to spite her

Um, I think the reason would be that it can kill you. Who has ever said "i'm gonna take the chance of get single cell carcinoma (lung cancer) b/c this broad wants me to quit"?
I personally think that smoking is nasty and I don't like kissing something that tastes like an ashtray. It's all for the better if you quit anyways...saves you $3.00 a pack and you will (or at least should) live longer.

When I dont get a smoke in, I dont flip either. I just feel hot sometimes and a little weird. I quit of like 2 months, but then we were moving our work and the stress factor hit, so I took a hit. Its hard, but you need to do it for yourself, because you are the only one its going to affect. I agree with the Ban-Rude smokers comment. I think that BS when people blow smoke into someones face, puff around childern and throw their butts wherever they please, including inside. Its the image the idiots project that makes everyone frown on the idea of smoking. If you think about it, why would anyone else care about you harming yourself!?

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97+Sep 18 2003, 02:55 PM-->
Originally posted by sohcslammer@Sep 18 2003, 02:54 PM
civicgirlracer97
@Sep 18 2003, 02:41 PM
saves you $3.00 a pack

Where the fuck do you live????? I just spent $4.95 on my pack of Ports.

georgia

O.K., well you should buy like 10,000 packs at $3.00 and then drive out here to CA and we'll sell 'em for $4.00. I'll split the $10,000 with ya. ;)

this is a bit off topic
but every time I see one of those Target Market ads it makes me want to go out and buy a pack and chain smoke.... and I don't even smoke

except cigars, but only 2 or 3 a month usually
and the whole next day sucks because of the taste left in my mouth

good luck on quiting
too bad you started in the first place

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97+Sep 18 2003, 03:41 PM-->
Canadian_GSR
@Sep 18 2003, 02:04 AM
dude are you sure your quitting for the right reasons? Ive had 2 different stella's try to make me quit for them now and everytime i always started smoking again. make sure your doin it for you or its only gonna be harder. keep on puffin i say....just to spite her

Um, I think the reason would be that it can kill you. Who has ever said "i'm gonna take the chance of get single cell carcinoma (lung cancer) b/c this broad wants me to quit"?
I personally think that smoking is nasty and I don't like kissing something that tastes like an ashtray. It's all for the better if you quit anyways...saves you $3.00 a pack and you will (or at least should) live longer.

to add to the cigs are bad for you, in fifth grade my science teacher brought in a preserved healthy human lung and a contaminated lung from smoking. Seeing that in person kinda made me think twice about smoking cigs ever (I've never ever in my life put one to my lips) and the fact that my gramma had half a lung removed do to smoking might of effected me as well.

$3.00 is really cheap for a pack! Anyone in NY?, I hear there upwards of $7 and change. Everyone has their weakness's, and I beleive smoking is one of them. It starts as a habbit (hand to mouth hand to mouth etc...) then t becomes an addiction. Thats exactly what it is, an addiction. You have to be ready to break the habbit to kill the addiction, and many people aren't. Not me personally, but I can name a handfull of people who would rather NOT quit. Some people actually enjoy it. To each their own I guess.

Nicotine is extremely addictive and thats why it is almost impossible to quit cold turkey. It's not so much of a habit as it is that you become addicted and your body craves it which is why I'm glad I never got hooked on cigs. I'm hooked on sex and thus far it hasnt killed me (and before it gets stated, no im not a slut...I prefer quality over quantity and I just happen to enjoy it with my girl). :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back