the great hondaswap smoke out.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant speak from experience, but I hear the patch gives you everything your not looking for. This is only one example, but my bussy did it do a week or so. He said he felt like he had a cig in his mouth always. Not to mention he was sweating perfusely and feeling (and looking) like shit. Dont think that patch would do it for me. Plus, momma didnt raise no quitter.

its on again. I am cigarette less 11 hours and counting.
going to find myself a gym to start going to today.
going shopping to get some running sneakers or something for the gym

I'm getting my ass back in shape.

if you are serious about getting a descent running shoe the is only one choice, the cream of the crop running shoe is saucony. Try on a pair od 3d Grid Hurrican 5's
that's what I'm using these days , they fit like a glove, only weigh 13.5 oz (~.8lbs), and they are the most comfortable running shoe I have ever used.

i picked up a set of new balance 663's. fit me real good.

it's hard shopping for shoes. I wear a size 12, so there's not many around...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 20 2003, 12:29 PM
i picked up a set of new balance 663's. fit me real good.

it's hard shopping for shoes. I wear a size 12, so there's not many around...

you know what big feet mean

:p

large socks :sleep:

i just bought the smalles socks possible. i hate socks that come higher than my shoes. so annoying.
socks = feet
socks != legs

i mean wtf

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 20 2003, 11:10 AM

I'm getting my ass back in shape.

:werd:

It will be tough at first, especially since it takes you like 5 min to catch your breath after running an 1/8 mile. I know I shouldn't talk her either. :lol:

dude, that was like 100 feet. no where NEAR an 1/8th of a mile. LMAO!

but, smokey B beat sisteve and Jeef in a fot race yesterday. lol steve just didn't almost pass out when we got back. lol

but anyway....

see sig. I'm doing this shit. Last time. No more bullshit.

As a kick me in the ass- i have SEVERAL random packs of cigs in my car- all opened, all with a couple left in them. lighter, right next to them.
I drove around all day today- never even wanted to... well, i wanted to.... but with one easy step....

mind
--------
matter

Come down here and go shoe shopping. All the rednecks down here have big feet.
I wear an 11. It's rare I can't find my size.
I hate long socks too. I buy those little ankle socks from journey's. 3 pairs for like 4 bucks.
I think everyone in my family has tried to quit smoking at least twice. It doesn't work. Even after my grandma had her heart attack, she smokes. Now she buys Marlboro lights... :roll:
I've never seen the point in smoking. Seems dumb to me. Now drinking...that's another story...
:p

Withdrawal symptoms

The most severe withdrawal symptoms occur within the first week although the craving for cigarettes usually persists for months and even years. The desire to smoke tends to be especially strong when a person is under stress. The typical withdrawal symptoms are:
headaches
anxiety and irritability
difficulty concentrating and sleeping
hunger
decreased heart rate and blood pressure
craving for nicotine.
Other side-effects, such as tiredness and coughing, are indications that the body is in a state of repair and is cleaning out the poisons associated with smoking.
According to the U.S. Lung Health Study, weight gain for men averaged 4.9 kg and 5.2 kg. for women in the first year after quitting.

those bold ones are kicking my ass right now....

new study published in the September 2002 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) examined long term success rates (six months) for quitters trying to quit while using Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) products like the nicotine patch and gum. The study concludes that NRT products are not effective at helping smokers quit

Told ya. fuck the patch, fuck the gum. its ALL in the head.

That brings us to the question of why you want to quit: you likely have health concerns. Furthermore, since nearly 4 out of 5 people in this country don't smoke and there are now more ex-smokers than smokers, it's highly likely that most of your friends and family are non-smokers. It's also likely that someone who cares about you has expressed concern about your smoking habit or their exposure to second-hand smoke. And, like so many others, you may have just grown weary of the whole business.

while not true for me, (like 90% of everyone i know smokes) 1 person has expressed concern and that's enough.

it'w really wierd. i find myself talking to myself..... im having like a mumbling conversation in my head.... fuck you, no i don't want one, bah- just take a drag, fuck off varmin..... and its really starting to freak me out.

I just had dinner, had an antipasta with italian dressing on the side. didn't eat the salami, and it only had a couple small strips of cheese, so i had that.

Mind you, when you quit smoking you gain weight because your blood sugar levels get all fucked up. after a couple days, they settle out.

but, it fucks with your metabolism hard....
speaking of... time to poop :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 20 2003, 06:37 PM
Withdrawal symptoms:

Other side-effects, such as tiredness and coughing, are indications that the body is in a state of repair and is cleaning out the poisons associated with smoking.

What about drinking extra water and doing activities that would really cause you to sweat? Otherwise, many people have quite smoking and dealt with overeating habits through this http://extratv.warnerbros.com/dailynews/rxtra/01_01/01_06a.htm]guy in Massachusetts[/url]. One friend has used him successfully and famous people fly in all the time to see him. He's been around for years.

Btw... good luck with this! I think that this is my first post in this thread. And some of it is having the right mindset. I just finished grocery shopping and didn't buy any chocolate. *sigh*

it's ALL about having the right mind set. not just some. its all. i'm a firm believer in that.

Thanks though :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 20 2003, 07:53 PM
it's ALL about having the right mind set. not just some. its all. i'm a firm believer in that.

Thanks though :)

Well... I actually agree with you on that, in terms of you and me. The mind is a very powerful instrument, and most people use only a fraction of theirs. Our minds is what distinguishes us from the rest of the life on this planet. We have a memory too, so that we won't repeat our mistakes. So with that, we should always make our decisions deliberately and in a sensible manner. We need to take responsibility for our actions, and be proactive with our lives. And actively learning new things should take place all our lives.

I used mental willpower tonight with chocolate. I can imagine how wonderful a Lindt dark chocolate bar with crushed hazelnuts would taste in my mouth though...

Yeah... so with our minds and our opposable thumbs... we can do anything!

And you're welcome. :)

I quit a couple of years ago and made it over a year. Then I cracked and started smoking when I would play pool, before I knew it I was back to a pack a day. Just quit again about a 2 months ago. My doc put me on an anti-depresant to help with the anxiety of quiting. Really helped. The name was welbutrin. The same active as zyban but insurance covers it. It did not remove the cravings but made them easyer to deal with. Also inspire yourself with heaps of self loathing when ever you light up. This helps with getting the the mind set for quitting.

Damn I could really use a smoke after all this talk.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 20 2003, 08:13 PM
I used mental willpower tonight with chocolate. I can imagine how wonderful a Lindt dark chocolate bar with crushed hazelnuts would taste in my mouth though...

i don't like chocolate... thats real easy to pass up :)

Well brian, im in too... I quit almost 2 years ago, lasted about a year and a half then broke up with my gf (greasekitten on here)... started again. I had one before I went to bed last night and woke up this morning feeling like shit, breathing was raspy, coughing and I was stuffy as hell...

Fuck it I quit,

Seriously, I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks now and I figure this is the best time to do it, I finished the pack last night so there are no temptations lying around. I've been feeling rough every morning for the past month or so and it's only getting worse, my only concern is gaining weight again, I just got down to 208lbs and it's nice not having a gut.

anyways as of 5:03pm pct it will have been exactly 12 hours since my last cig so wish me luck :)

If you are game, I bet I will last longer than you - (last time I quit it really helped to have the bet going with my friend jason, by the time he gave in and started smoking I didn't crave them that much and the rage was gone)

complete.
i almost gave in tonight.... but i fought it off. Thanks to bill for telling me no when i asked for a drag. :thumbsup:

48 hours.... the longest, most dramatic shit of my life. lol

It's been 1 year, 8 months and i think around 3 or 4 days since my last cigarette...I work with like 8 smokers too. Still don't want a cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back