The Hako Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drbelanger73

Beer is good for you.
Have you seen this thing?

Holy crap its ugly!!!

I WANT ONE!!!

Supposedly (if it ever gets off the ground) its gonna come stock with a turbo.

People who own xB's aren't quite hinged right anyway...

How am i gonna justify to my wife having three cars though?

For that matter how am I gonna pay for it? :cool:

Attachments

• 600-hako.jpg
    600-hako.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 213
More pics...

Here are some more pics.

I love the car but I hope the inside is a joke.

Attachments

• Scion%20Hako%20Coupe%20Concept%202.jpg
    Scion%20Hako%20Coupe%20Concept%202.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 161
  • Scion%20Hako%20Coupe%20Concept%203.jpg
    Scion%20Hako%20Coupe%20Concept%203.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Scion%20Hako%20Coupe%20Concept%204.jpg
    Scion%20Hako%20Coupe%20Concept%204.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Scion%20Hako%20Coupe%20Concept%205.jpg
    Scion%20Hako%20Coupe%20Concept%205.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,352
the look on the outside is a matter of excentricity (i know i spelled that wrong).

The interior looks so void and bleak. It lacks that close in homey feeling of a real sports coupe. It crosses some astehtic line. I can't qualify it here but its just a gut feeling.

VERY Steampunk, I like it. I would get in green with ornate gold pinstriping. Then a distressed leather look inside, and some copper accents.

But if you want something now, the new xB is very similar - and an AWESOME drive.

(And yes, xB people are unhinged.)

yeah i have to agree. the new xb is a fun drive.
i took one out on a test drive and gunned it, not too much pickup, but it scooted along, and handled curves very well.
i'd buy one, but now i have to wait until this one comes out. i want it.

The new xB isn´t even and xB though. Its a Toyota Corolla Ruminion. They just shipped it overseas and slapped a new badge on it. It might be a nice car but its not an xB. Toyota always has to fuck up a nice thing.

you know toyota makes the scion right?
i'm would think the original xB was produced over there with another name too
:shrug2:

you know toyota makes the scion right?
i'm would think the original xB was produced over there with another name too
:shrug2:

I do. Funny thing is when I first got it though I thought it was a Toyota Scion. It was after the fact I realized it was an xB and Toyota was fronting Scion as a spinoff line. I wasn't into Scion when I got it, I was into the 14k car for 14G...

The original xB was something called a bB while the second was just a Toyota rebadge. It just upsets me they would have to go and mess up something as iconic as the original xB. It was instantly recognizable and kept the Scion name in the public eye. The tC the xA are nice enough but ultimately blend back into the sprort coupe, bubble compact realm with a whimper. I better stop for fear of a rant.

Anyway since we all know wikipedia is the great fountain of truth :eek: here is an article on the original and the phony:

Scion xB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They refer to the original as a rebadged bB but it I would say the bB at least looks different. They didn't even make the effort with the Ruminion

Back