The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:werd:

Me = old fan

The BBC series from waaaaaaaay back is really weird though.

I've been waiting for this for YEARS. Read the book(s) back in junior high, used to have all the BBC series on tape (tragically lost them in one my moves), and I've got the old 80's first-book-and-a-half movie.

I'm going to murder someone if they fuck this movie up. From my understanding, D.A. wrote most of the screenplay before he died a few years back...

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Mar 4 2005, 05:50 PM
need Quicktime to view

http://bvbp-qt.vitalstream.com/Hitchhikers...r_2237_3000.mov

this looks like an awesome ass movie!!

heres the official movie site with the movie trailer on the main page. itll automatically play (no media player needed to view) : http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/main.html
[post=469373]Quoted post[/post]​

They have those books at Ingram Brian. The name rung a bell when I came in here. :ph34r:

LOL i know James. ive seen them there when i worked there. i shoulda bough the series when i worked there. i lost the ones i had a long time ago :( they are the some of the funniest books i have ever read.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 4 2005, 10:51 PM
Wow... I would have never pegged you for a HHG fan.
[post=469481]Quoted post[/post]​

Hell yeah man...I've been waiting for the movie to come out for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time....

I saw the 'prototype' for Marvin a while back, and it really pissed me off. Looked like some kinda futuristic bullshit thingie...didn't look like Marvin SHOULD look AT ALL (at least in my opinion)....they shoulda used a Marvin similar to the one in the 80's movie....

I've been dl'ing the trailer for the past hour or so...I'm gonna be extremely pissed off if I don't approve of it....and believe me, you all will be the first to know.

:)

I'm not sure what to think of the trailer....I am still very disappointed with the Marvin that they went with.

I hope they didn't leave out any good parts....like when the cavemen dudes were playing Scrabble....or the entire 'Restaurant At The End Of The Universe' part, with the cow talking to them and shit....

If Mos Def fucks up this movie, I'm going to kill him.

IT's the only book that I ever bought the hardback edition.....

I can't wait for this movie.... :)

Geezer test:

Did any of you ever play the text format HHG RPG? It was from waaaay back in the early 80s.

I think I have just spent the last 30 minutes watching the trailers....any that I can find...this is one movie that has me stocked to see it.....

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 5 2005, 06:17 PM
Geezer test:

Did any of you ever play the text format HHG RPG? It was from waaaay back in the early 80s.
[post=469677]Quoted post[/post]​

Uh oh.....

I did.....

:ph34r:

Back